2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
any news from NRF post telephone? my interviewer told me i would hear early this week, so getting kind of worried but at the same time i've only seen one person with an AC invite
I'm also still waiting - my interviewer said she was still doing interviews this week and I wouldn't hear until after those. Sure we'll hear by next week :)

Reactions: M1999

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
does this mean all AC invites have been sent? I’ve still heard nada from them

Ignore what I said haha.
The reason I thought they were running all the ACs this week and next week is that when I chose my AC date, the only options were during that period, but that's probably wrong because I'm guessing they process applications in batches. So don't worry!

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
Ignore what I said haha.
The reason I thought they were running all the ACs this week and next week is that when I chose my AC date, the only options were during that period, but that's probably wrong because I'm guessing they process applications in batches. So don't worry!

I’ve also heard nothing from Linklaters - I’m still on hold for the Spring VS. I imagine they’ve probably done all the fast tracked applications first with a separate AC. I think the rest of us might hear back next week if you’re getting offers this week.

rebeccawkelly

Jan 4, 2021
Ignore what I said haha.
Aw that makes sense! Think my friend who’s a campus ambassador said the same - tysm! Crisis averted lol

rebeccawkelly

Jan 4, 2021
I’ve also heard nothing from Linklaters - I’m still on hold for the Spring VS. I imagine they’ve probably done all the fast tracked applications first with a separate AC. I think the rest of us might hear back next week if you’re getting offers this week.

yesss hopefully! I hate the anticipation - links have rejected me so much before (my WG game used to SUCK) I just want this one out of the way too

Reactions: awright11

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
yesss hopefully! I hate the anticipation - links have rejected me so much before (my WG game used to SUCK) I just want this one out of the way too

I must check my emails about 5 times a day to see if I’ve had any response, even a rejection email. Links is my first application and it’s the one I want realllly bad. I’ve heard nothing back from my other two either (Freshfields and MdR) so I’m pretty nervous all round

rebeccawkelly

Jan 4, 2021
I must check my emails about 5 times a day to see if I’ve had any response, even a rejection email. Links is my first application and it’s the one I want realllly bad. I’ve heard nothing back from my other two either (Freshfields and MdR) so I’m pretty nervous all round

Yeah I'm the same!! I heard back from Slaughters and A&O but nothing from anyone else - hopefully they'll have it all out of the way within the next week or so though! Best of luck :)

Reactions: Hugh Jarse and awright11

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Yeh I'm checking my emails at least once per hour..it can't be healthy! Need to find some more distractions...

Reactions: Hugh Jarse and awright11

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Does anyone know if I will get penalised if my cover letter for W&C VS is 2 pages? As on the application form it does not stipulate a word count!
    Just to summarise some of the things I’ve seen about this:

the dream amount is around 850 words according to those who’ve been to open days etc.

Some people have been successful with more than this (around 1000) but the key is definitely to make sure everything is relevant

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Bugsy Malone, sabma and Zoo

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Hi there!

I am currently participating in Mischon's Sports Law Academy (a series of online lectures surrounding the sports law environment). I am currently filling out an application for a firm that has a sports law section, so was wondering can I put this in the employment section?

Their employment section states:

"Please add your employment history below (to include vacation schemes, work experience, unpaid work, mini-pupillages etc.)"

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

@Jessica Booker any insight?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.