2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab1147

Esteemed Member
Jan 21, 2021
Ah I see! I did the SST too, but not sure what to think about my feedback report displaying my strengths.
I know I think it will be quite interesting to see how they use the SST because surely they'd want people with a range of personalities?

Out of curiosity which scheme did you apply to with them?

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
hi, does anyone know how long it usually takes firms to respond after an AC?

User @MZ might be able to advise - I'm pretty sure they recently undertook an AC with BCLP.

Hey! I haven't heard back from BCLP yet (I had my AC on January 14) but grad rec said they were aiming to get back to candidates within two weeks.

Hope that helps, good luck!!

• Love
Reactions: kn2812

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I am just kinda vibing and existing rn
    seal spinning GIF

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    It’s a template email sent to everyone that is genuinely trying to help. Even as a graduate you’ll probably have access to your university careers service. Most universities will give you access to their services for somewhere between 3 years to indefinitely after graduation

You are right, I totally understand that, but I'm sure they also realise that so many applicants will have had their applications checked and double-checked. It almost makes the rejection harder by simplifying it to a list of qualities followed by "your university careers service will be able to tell you where to improve these". Some applicants may have done so already, and some rejections may just be down to the volume of applicants rather than the application being weak in areas where a career service can help. I know from recruiting experience that sometimes it can be very minor and company-specific details that get an application rejected, such as a few words that makes you think that the candidate does not fully understand the role. For me anyway, accompanied with the lack of greeting in the email, it made it feel even more impersonal than a standard rejection email.

But I'm sure I'm just being a negative Nelly and it probably did help some people! I hope that it did at least and it's just me that feels this way...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.