2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon101

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 2, 2020
PFO from HSF Summer VS. I put so much effort into the app, really thought it would at least make it to the AC. Kinda crushed about it :')

GIF by Salon des Entrepreneurs

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    PFO from HSF Summer VS. I put so much effort into the app, really thought it would at least make it to the AC. Kinda crushed about it :')

GIF by Salon des Entrepreneurs

So sorry to hear :( I was rejected 3 years in a row by HSF and every time it crushed me so I understand how you feel. Relax today, pick yourself back up, and redirect your efforts into another firm!!!! Everything will work out in the end!!!!

Did you get your application reviewed by Jaysen? If not, definitely do so! I submitted a rejected application retrospectively this year and it helped me so much :)

We are all with you and this is just one step in your journey, you will get there ❤️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Oh dear, I don't know if this means they mistakenly rejected you, or not. @Jessica Booker - I think the candidate should email/call them?
    Yes - definitely would contact them to check. The only time this wouldn't be an error at the firms end is if the person has applied twice and they have rejected one application where it is a duplicate (fairly common)

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Hey guys,
    I have the Watson Glaser coming up for FF and I'm so lost on some questions. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? For the Virtual Employees question, my thinking is that the paragraph doesn't in anyway say what proportion of employees work from home - it just simply never mentions it. So, there's insufficient data? For the plastic bag one, I'm even MORE confused. If all bags are noisy and some aren't reusable, surely that means some are reusable? and would therefore be both noisy and reusable?! I'm honestly baffled.
    Any help appreciated.
    Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 09.39.42.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 09.38.09.png
      Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 09.38.09.png
      92.8 KB · Views: 49

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    Hey guys,
    I have the Watson Glaser coming up for FF and I'm so lost on some questions. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? For the Virtual Employees question, my thinking is that the paragraph doesn't in anyway say what proportion of employees work from home - it just simply never mentions it. So, there's insufficient data? For the plastic bag one, I'm even MORE confused. If all bags are noisy and some aren't reusable, surely that means some are reusable? and would therefore be both noisy and reusable?! I'm honestly baffled.
    Any help appreciated.
    View attachment 2587
    I agree with the confusion around the plastic bag one, as I would have chosen' conclusion follows' too.

For the first one about the virtual employees, what is the statement? I can't see it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.