2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna W

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hey guys,
I have the Watson Glaser coming up for FF and I'm so lost on some questions. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? For the Virtual Employees question, my thinking is that the paragraph doesn't in anyway say what proportion of employees work from home - it just simply never mentions it. So, there's insufficient data? For the plastic bag one, I'm even MORE confused. If all bags are noisy and some aren't reusable, surely that means some are reusable? and would therefore be both noisy and reusable?! I'm honestly baffled.
Any help appreciated.
View attachment 2587
Haha I remember doing these two questions and getting confused as well! For inference section of the WG you're allowed to use some common sense/ general knowledge. So for the virtual employees question I think you can safely assume that most employees don't work virtually by using common sense. For the plastic bag question, not all plastic bags could also mean no plastic bags so the conclusion wouldn't follow.

Reactions: Ricky and LegalNim

2020Applicant

Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Hi, I hope everyone is well. I have upcoming video interviews with Jones Day and Slaughter and May for their summer vacation schemes and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this stage at either of these firms.

I also have a VI coming up with Dechert, but I haven't seen them mentioned much at all on this forum, however if anybody has any advice for this firm, it would also be lovely to receive.

I hope everyone has a good day and that those that are waiting for responses receive some good news!

• 🏆
Reactions: Holly and cmaj

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Hi, I hope everyone is well. I have upcoming video interviews with Jones Day and Slaughter and May for their summer vacation schemes and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this stage at either of these firms.

I also have a VI coming up with Dechert, but I haven't seen them mentioned much at all on this forum, however if anybody has any advice for this firm, it would also be lovely to receive.

I hope everyone has a good day and that those that are waiting for responses receive some good news!
I interviewed at Jones Day in November and would be happy to help! Just pm me:)

Also, when did you hear back from Dechert?

KB2020

Future Trainee
Aug 4, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm still in shock but I have managed to secure a place on Linklaters Spring Vac scheme! Thank you for everyone who has made a contribution on this forum because it really did help. Now need to try and convert to a TC! Pray for me!!

Has anyone done the scheme before? If so how did you find it?

hunter

Star Member
  • Oct 30, 2020
    Anyone else still not heard from Sullivan & Cromwell?
    I applied very early one. My application was put on 'hold'.
    There appears to be one or two people further up thread who say they've been invited to interview.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Woah, I had forgotten what pre interview nerves feel like
    geena davis nails GIF
    Trust me, I feel sick.

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB, MzM and E.A

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Does anyone know if Ashurst only looks at TC applications if they haven't filled up their spaces through the vac schemes? I am asking as I am currently debating if I should apply to the firm's summer vac scheme or direct TC. May be worth mentioning that I received an offer for a summer vac scheme with another firm that clashes with Ashurst's vac scheme, so I would most likely have to choose should I receive an offer! Any insights are much appreciated! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.