2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Hey guys,
    I have the Watson Glaser coming up for FF and I'm so lost on some questions. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? For the Virtual Employees question, my thinking is that the paragraph doesn't in anyway say what proportion of employees work from home - it just simply never mentions it. So, there's insufficient data? For the plastic bag one, I'm even MORE confused. If all bags are noisy and some aren't reusable, surely that means some are reusable? and would therefore be both noisy and reusable?! I'm honestly baffled.
    Any help appreciated.
    View attachment 2587

I agree with the confusion around the plastic bag one, as I would have chosen' conclusion follows' too.

For the first one about the virtual employees, what is the statement? I can't see it

I'm not sure what the statement is for the first one that you have to assess is true-false?

For the second one with the bag, you have to remember the 'some' and 'not all' are unknown quantities and could mean anywhere between one and all. We know that all plastic bags make noise, but not all plastic bags are reusable. 'Not all' could mean that one plastic bag out of all of the noisy plastic bags is not reusable, but it could also mean that no noisy plastic bag is reusable. As we do not know the definition, the conclusion that 'some noisy plastic bags are reusable' cannot follow. It's always a good idea to look out for these unknown quantities in the questions as I've always found they are there to trip you up and you have to remember this 1-all idea!

Is this a practice test?

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Zoo

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Hi guys,

I'm still in shock but I have managed to secure a place on Linklaters Spring Vac scheme! Thank you for everyone who has made a contribution on this forum because it really did help. Now need to try and convert to a TC! Pray for me!!

Has anyone done the scheme before? If so how did you find it?
    Congrats this is amazing !! Is this through pathfinders or did you apply directly for the vac scheme ? :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Just got rejected from Addleshaw Goddard, Eversheds and Squire Pattons Boggs - just seem to be getting rejected from everywhere at the moment
    Ah really sorry to hear this! I guess on the bright side, having a couple at once means you can move past them all a bit quicker! Are you still waiting to hear back from other applications?

Reactions: MS2000

LJ96

Premium Member
    Feb 29, 2020
    150 words to explain why I want to pursue a career as a solicitor and the qualities I have that will make me a successful solicitor at the firm.

Barely enough words to give one reason for each part - would appreciate any advice anyone has? Have been trying to answer this question for three weeks but I just end up frustrated at the lack of word count.

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    has anyone still not heard back from DLA (post test) or Mishcon (post app)?? feeling worried that I haven't heard anything - not sure whether to take them as rejections
    I've not heard a thing from DLA Piper since doing the test pretty early in the process. I also got invited to their Open Day because I submitted an app which I attended.

CJCH

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Nov 2, 2020
    has anyone still not heard back from DLA (post test) or Mishcon (post app)?? feeling worried that I haven't heard anything - not sure whether to take them as rejections
    Exactly the same.

DLA: Did the WG test in early Jan, emailed Grad Rec team to check as the portal status was updated, they said they're still reviewing

Mishcon: applied one day before deadline, radio silence

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.