2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren2001

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
I'm really concerned that I applied for firms on the deadline day....have not seen any posts about Jones Day sending reference requests (which I think it stage 1) they seem to be quite far on with the process. Same for Akin Gump as I haven't received a WG. Is anyone else in this situation? I fear spaces have been filled earlier and I have applied too late :(

Reactions: NikkiT

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi, I hope everyone is well. I have upcoming video interviews with Jones Day and Slaughter and May for their summer vacation schemes and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this stage at either of these firms.

I also have a VI coming up with Dechert, but I haven't seen them mentioned much at all on this forum, however if anybody has any advice for this firm, it would also be lovely to receive.

I hope everyone has a good day and that those that are waiting for responses receive some good news!

A VI with Slaughters for the VS? I applied as well and got invited to a live virtual interview but never did a VI. Are you sure it's not a live interview?

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Anyone else feeling like they're hearing nothing back from their applications? I'm beginning to think my email address is filtering out everything...
This, quite literally, happened to me last cycle. I missed an invitation from Freshfields because my email was filtering things out (not even putting them into junk, just not letting it through at all). Check your online portals just to be sure!

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: OB, bibss and RyanM1

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
I'm really concerned that I applied for firms on the deadline day....have not seen any posts about Jones Day sending reference requests (which I think it stage 1) they seem to be quite far on with the process. Same for Akin Gump as I haven't received a WG. Is anyone else in this situation? I fear spaces have been filled earlier and I have applied too late :(

Yeah I'm in the same situation, always apply for everything on the deadline.
I'm not sure about the firms you've mentioned, but I've been put decently successful so far at some others so try not to worry. At the end of the day, they want the best applicants, so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't even look at your application just because you applied on the deadline. at least that's what I tell myself haha

• 🏆
Reactions: collie_121 and Lauren2001

Shannon Balnaves

Standard Member
Mar 6, 2019
Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything from Mayer Brown post the grad rec interview? When I had mine, they said they'd get back to me in January and I am worried there is not much January left! Anyone have any similar issues? I assume with the new lockdown, they've had a lot to work out but do you think I should enquire? Getting pretty anxious now!

Thanks all

D

Deleted member 8599

Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything from Mayer Brown post the grad rec interview? When I had mine, they said they'd get back to me in January and I am worried there is not much January left! Anyone have any similar issues? I assume with the new lockdown, they've had a lot to work out but do you think I should enquire? Getting pretty anxious now!

Thanks all
No news, did the interview in mid-December.

• 🤝
Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.