Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Im in the same position! I also applied on the deadline and haven't heard back - I'm guessing they review applications on a first come first serve basis maybe?
    I applied in October and I’ve heard nada.
    I’ve seen people get rejected and invited to tests/AC who applied after me!

• 🤝
    Reactions: collie_121

mia99

• Jan 5, 2021
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone was still waiting to hear from A&O? I saw that a lot of people already got their AC (or rejection emails). My application has been under review for more than a month...

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Georgina, I sympathise with this so much. In my first year, I applied to three firms, got to AC for all three, and did a VS. Then in my second year, with all the experience I'd gained, I put every second into my applications over many months and got rejected by everybody! It's totally disheartening and you just think "but I have everything you've asked for, what am I doing wrong, maybe this industry isn't for me and the world is telling me no :(" However, you just have to pick yourself back up, keep building your experience until you have such detailed and specific reasons to you that nobody can turn you down, and get your applications checked by as many eyes as possible!!!! Fingers crossed for this year but there is no time limit on your career and ability. You can do this ❤️
    Thank you for the support!! I really appreciate it

• 🤝
    Reactions: cmaj

TR17

Star Member
    Jul 3, 2020
    Hi guys, how necessary is it to write an introductory paragraph for the Ashurst cover letter? I’m just finishing mine up and I’ve gone straight into the body. Is that generally a no no? Would appreciate any insight :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.