Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, really stuck on this application question: "Tell us about an outstanding personal achievement which added value to your academic or work environment." I don't really understand what its asking? Would appreciate any thoughts :)
They want a personal achievement that not only you benefitted from.

Reactions: LJ96

tla99

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 18, 2019
did the Weil VI the 4th of January and still haven't heard back, which is probs bad news tbh. Anyone have any advice on whether I should email them or should just leave it and wait?

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi, really stuck on this application question: "Tell us about an outstanding personal achievement which added value to your academic or work environment." I don't really understand what its asking? Would appreciate any thoughts :)
I’d class this maybe as team work? They want a personal achievement that you and others benefit from?

Legalregal

Valued Member
Jan 13, 2021
I would try to avoid being caught up in the length of your answers and focus solely on your content. That being said, I think 5 minutes seems a bit long. Exactly how many sub-points you have in your answer? Is there anything that you could possibly edit down?
Hi! There are like 3 examples for each point so could maybe just choose the best for each

CF1234

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
DLA Piper PFO :) To those still waiting, if your portal has updated and you cannot withdraw your application, it most likely means that you have received an email by DLA. There is an issue impacting the firm's emailing system, which is why candidates are not receiving the PFO emails.
hey - what do you mean by cannot withdraw? just had a look at my portal and I can still see the 'withdraw' button! sorry if it's a stupid question x

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! There are like 3 examples for each point so could maybe just choose the best for each

Three examples per point is excessive. But then I wouldn’t go into examples for a motivational answer. It’s more about just pulling out detail from examples rather than fully describing them.

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
for a question at the end of a pre recorded interview that asks ‘anything else you’d like to add’ can I talk about why I’m interested in the firm (given that wasn’t already one of the questions?) or shall I focus strictly on me and do a why commercial law, or a competency. thankyou!!

Naomi U

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
Dec 8, 2019
How do i answer what's the least enjoyable thing about commercial law without sounding like I dislike the role in general?
Hiya!
I agree with everything that's been said. I think I would try not to focus on a specific day to day role as this might come across as a lack of understanding as to the role of a trainee or it might undermine your motivations. I think focusing on ancillary elements e.g. time, unpredictability etc. are better because then you can structure your answer by focusing on the bigger picture or by explaining steps that could be taken to combat these things.

Reactions: _mxrkyyy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.