2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
View attachment 2615
Anyone else just end up in bed doing this near the end of the day hoping something will come through? I genuinely can't stop refreshing my emails!😩
I sit at my desk most days with Outlook open on its own dedicated monitor. Even though it refreshes automatically, I still hit send/receive now and then haha 😭

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Is it ok though to use someone's full name (without Mr/Ms) when addressing them in a cover letter?
It is best practice to use formal title and surname, i.e. Mr or Miss/Mrs/Ms (the latter being best if you are unsure of marital status and often, therefore, the safest bet), however, if you have addressed it to someone by full name instead, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, firms may have different ways they wish for you to address the cover letters so always check firm websites thoroughly before submitting.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Submitted my Mayer Brown application on Sunday, received the tests today (not sure if people were waiting post submission). I'm certain their tests are automatic but the email phrasing makes it sound like it isn't lol!

Luiz1001

Star Member
    Jan 20, 2021
    Is there any point in submitting/ starting and then submitting a bclp vac scheme app because i see they have already given summer offers?
    also are there any firms still open other than ashurst that are not on rolling basis/any ones on a rolling basis that i can still apply to?
    I believe that Trowers & Hamlins are also non-rolling

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Skadden rejection post telephone interview just came through. This one hurts haha - still haven't been able to get my first AC after quite a few cycles and it's feeling very out of reach right now!
    Hope your okay? You did well to get the telephone interview and I didn’t get to an AC until my 3rd cycle 😕(my 4th now) and then got rejected after it! Keep going ❤️

Last edited:

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Anyone else get an email from Reed Smith asking to submit their research questions answers by Friday even though you already submitted them? I submitted mine 20 Dec but just got an email saying I need to submit them by the 29th
    Yes, same, and I have the automatic reply from their inbox receiving my answers. I don’t know whether to reforward?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.