2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Guys I know it's really hard to stay positive, especially in these times, but honestly no news is good news when it comes to whether you've heard back from a firm. You'll drive yourselves crazy if you try and work out why GradRec have given decisions to some people and not you so please try and avoid it - trust me I've been there, done that and it's not healthy. I know it's much easier said than done but I've seen a lot of these kinds of messages recently and honestly there is no point trying to work it out because nobody really knows how GradRec teams work! So please just believe that no news is good news until you hear otherwise! There's absolutely no point wasting energy thinking you have been rejected 100x before an email comes in so please try and avoid it if at all possible :)

PS: Apologies for my mini-rant but I think it's worth reiterating sometimes!
Yes! I find this process is so stressful anyway, I don't think I can handle speculating on top of that too! Thanks for this 🤝

• 🤝
Reactions: Daniel Boden

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    Does anyone know how long A&O tend to take before letting people know outcomes of ACs? I had my interview last week but haven't heard from them yet.
    Also still waiting on Links and FF, had WG invite for FF but again nothing since.

Elle W

Valued Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    I feel the exact same, don't worry. The only hope I have is that everyone else I know who has a Pinsents traineeship also found the quiz horrific and guessed most of it yet somehow passed it. I think it's all about lucky guessing! (Which is very unfair imo but what can you do)
    I just did it too and it was quite ridiculous! Just wondering if you received a confirmation email after completing it as I didn't get one?

Kieran Tierney

Jan 20, 2021
    Just got my first ever AC and it's with Bird & Bird I think I could cry 😭 😭 does anyone have any tips it would be much appreciated!!

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Ole1999

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 5, 2020
    Just got my first ever AC and it's with Bird & Bird I think I could cry 😭 😭 does anyone have any tips it would be much appreciated!!

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office
    Well done!! Is this for spring or summer?

P.s judging by your profile name, I assume you support Arsenal meaning this AC must be the most success you’ve had all year;)

A92167!8

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 6, 2020
    Just received this from pinsent masons. I haven't done any tests or AC...
    What do I do I'm v confused

Thank you for submitting an application for a Vacation Placement and participating in the subsequent assessment centre. We have now spent a considerable amount of time reviewing all the candidates and their skills and qualifications.

Whilst you have not made our initial shortlist, we were very impressed by your application and would like to hold you as a reserve in the event that a placement becomes available. If, for any reason, your circumstances change and you are no longer able to take up a placement this summer, please let us know.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    also has anyone else heard back from links or AG recently? And has anyone heard from PwC or is it still too early to ask?
    Haven't heard back from AG post-VI but got an email today saying that they're now reviewing everyones and will be giving invites to the first London AC on 2nd Feb.

Think the deadline to do the PwC game was like today or yesterday or something so I'm sure we'll hear back in the coming weeks

• 🏆
    Reactions: cryingoverTCs
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.