2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Just received this from pinsent masons. I haven't done any tests or AC...
What do I do I'm v confused

Thank you for submitting an application for a Vacation Placement and participating in the subsequent assessment centre. We have now spent a considerable amount of time reviewing all the candidates and their skills and qualifications.

Whilst you have not made our initial shortlist, we were very impressed by your application and would like to hold you as a reserve in the event that a placement becomes available. If, for any reason, your circumstances change and you are no longer able to take up a placement this summer, please let us know.
Weird! I would reply and seek clarification...

Reactions: Daniel Boden

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Haven't heard back from AG post-VI but got an email today saying that they're now reviewing everyones and will be giving invites to the first London AC on 2nd Feb.

Think the deadline to do the PwC game was like today or yesterday or something so I'm sure we'll hear back in the coming weeks
    Oh wow congrats on the VI!! Do you happen to know if they are holding any more?

• 🤝
    Reactions: collie_121

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Oh wow congrats on the VI!! Do you happen to know if they are holding any more?
    Aw thank you !! I mean I have no clue but I'm sure they are. The email said they're yet to add more dates for AC's and I'm sure this will be for those they haven't replied to just yet. I have seen loads on here who haven't had a response yet for the London and other national offices

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Just got my first ever AC and it's with Bird & Bird I think I could cry 😭 😭 does anyone have any tips it would be much appreciated!!

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office
    Congratulations, that's amazing! I'm still yet to hear from Bird & Bird post VI for the summer scheme

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Well done!! Is this for spring or summer?

P.s judging by your profile name, I assume you support Arsenal meaning this AC must be the most success you’ve had all year;)
    Honestly, I think just being an Arsenal fan is a good example to show for resilience in applications/interviews at this point...

Its Been A Long Time Mueller Report GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.