Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi all

has anyone heard from Travers Smith?
    I've seen a number of folks asking about this the last few days. In case it helps, this was my experience of Travers last cycle (all pre-COVID):
    - Applied 22 Nov
    - Interview invite 22 Jan
    - Interview was 6 Feb
    - VS offer arrived 10 Feb

On that same note for NRF:
    - Applied 12 Jan
    - Psychometric tests offer 10 Feb
    - Telephone interview offer 14 Feb
    - Telephone interview 17 Feb (am)
    - AC offer 17 Feb (pm)
    - AC 20 Feb (less than 60 hours' notice!)
    - VS offer arrived 1st week Mar

Hopefully this gives a little perspective; remember, though, that everything is likely to be a bit slower due to WFH.

D

Deleted member 3795

Hey did anyone apply to DAC Beachcroft ? I got a confirmation email for my app but the portal says it is incomplete and the deadline has passed. Did anyone else have this issue ?
    Hi

My portal status says "In Process". Maybe forward your confirmation email to Grad Recruitment and see if it's just a glitch?

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
    Jan 3, 2021
    I've seen a number of folks asking about this the last few days. In case it helps, this was my experience of Travers last cycle (all pre-COVID):
    - Applied 22 Nov
    - Interview was 6 Feb

- Applied 12 Jan
    - AC offer 17 Feb (pm)

Hopefully this gives a little perspective; remember, though, that everything is likely to be a bit slower due to WFH.
    Wow thank you so much. Great insight, helps a lot! Just very nervous about it all haha :)

Reactions: Jacob Miller

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    - Applied 22 Nov
    - Interview was 6 Feb

- Applied 12 Jan
    - AC offer 17 Feb (pm)

Thanks! I get the impression Travers do not read all the apps they receive? Quite disappointed to learn this as I applied early Jan so think it was too late for them to consider me!!

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Thanks! I get the impression Travers do not read all the apps they receive? Quite disappointed to learn this as I applied early Jan so think it was too late for them to consider me!!
    Where did you hear this? Apparently the travers winter scheme was rolling but the summer scheme was non-rolling, in which was they would read all apps.

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    I had my first AC on Friday and felt like the written case study element of it went absolutely horrifically. There were so many elements to it and I had no idea how to go about structure, how much detail to put in, or whether to evidence what I was saying with facts / figures from the documents, etc. In the end, I misjudged timing and ended up with a totally rushed product that didn't include certain bits of analysis like instructed. The whole thing definitely unsettled me and in the follow-up interview, I was getting things like the fictional business' names wrong and was generally all over the place.

Goes without saying I was upset after the interview, but also felt like no-one else really emphasises how hard the case study is? Is it just me that finds it so horrific? 🤣 I have another case study on Tuesday and am at a loss how to properly prepare. This one is even less time and is a presentation (I think) - would appreciate any stories or advice on how to improve on the case study, am feeling very dejected and tense atm 😞

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    I had my first AC on Friday and felt like the written case study element of it went absolutely horrifically. There were so many elements to it and I had no idea how to go about structure, how much detail to put in, or whether to evidence what I was saying with facts / figures from the documents, etc. In the end, I misjudged timing and ended up with a totally rushed product that didn't include certain bits of analysis like instructed. The whole thing definitely unsettled me and in the follow-up interview, I was getting things like the fictional business' names wrong and was generally all over the place.

Goes without saying I was upset after the interview, but also felt like no-one else really emphasises how hard the case study is? Is it just me that finds it so horrific? 🤣 I have another case study on Tuesday and am at a loss how to properly prepare. This one is even less time and is a presentation (I think) - would appreciate any stories or advice on how to improve on the case study, am feeling very dejected and tense atm 😞
    Deffo had this after my A&O case study interview last week, I thought I was fully prepped but boy was I not. Esp as a non-law student I was already feeling quite daunted and then when my case study reading went badly I performed so much worse than I wanted to at the interview

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019

Don’t even get me started on my case study at HSF - I went very red for a person who is brown which I didn’t even think was possible😂

but typically, written ones are designed to be very time pressuring and people rarely ever get to even finish the whole thing. But as you’ve already picked out where you went wrong i.e the timing you will never make the same mistake again! In terms of structure, subheadings are a good shout or if it’s like a presentation, signposts to tell the audience what topic you’re moving on to helps too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.