2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I feel guilty about not doing any last minute applications but I feel like I have not researched enough about the firms and I am doubting my chances of being successful.. anyone else feel like this
Yes, I was going to do a last minute application for DAC Beachcroft this week but I just didn't feel like I knew enough about the firm to have a real chance at being successful...

Legallin

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 20, 2020
I feel guilty about not doing any last minute applications but I feel like I have not researched enough about the firms and I am doubting my chances of being successful.. anyone else feel like this
If this gives you any needed motivation, I applied this year to the Mischon vacation scheme on the deadline and also kept tying to put myself off by saying I don't have a chance (they were also rolling), but forced myself to push though and send it and I got through to the next stage and sent the video interview yesterday! you never know what the outcome will be so if you can find the motivation to just send off one application its always worth it!! Good luck :)

Cardiff law grad

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm just finishing off my Gateley application and I have no idea how to structure the last question;
Please provide an example of when you have been ambitious for success (200 words)

I have a brief list of bullet points with some ideas but if anyone could give me some tips on what to include/ how to structure this question that would be great!
PM me :)

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Hey I just wanted to say that I guarantee you the majority of people that have ACs have been in your position, doubting themselves and getting rejection after rejection, I know I definitely got many rejections before my first positive response! Keep at it and you’ll get positive news very soon xx after all you already got an AC before which is such a good achievement in itself ❤️
Thank you so much for your post, was very uplifting to read 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: Cardiff law grad and tk166

Elle W

Valued Member
Jan 12, 2021
The email implied that this stage isn't solely on the test - they take the application into account too. So an average test result and a really strong application will probably do it. The trouble for me is that I'm not that confident in my application. Looking back at it, it's not nearly as concise as it could have been. So I think I need a really good test result to be in with a chance at getting an AC invite...
Well they obviously thought your application was good as you made it past the first round! Good luck :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Andrew M

Mels

Jan 30, 2021
Hi I was just wondering are you guys all 3rd year students as I am currently in my second year but was wondering if I could apply for a vacation scheme for summer when I will officially be a 3rd year?

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Hi I was just wondering are you guys all 3rd year students as I am currently in my second year but was wondering if I could apply for a vacation scheme for summer when I will officially be a 3rd year?
    if you're a law student, I think you can apply to only a few summer vacs in final year (and all winter ones) I think!
    As a graduate and career changer, I've been eligible to apply for multiple spring/summer vac schemes (in fact, the only one I explicitly was unable to apply for was CC because they specify penultimate year only) so you're certainly not restricted to just winter ones in your third year (or beyond)

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    Where did you hear this? Apparently the travers winter scheme was rolling but the summer scheme was non-rolling, in which was they would read all apps.
    I haven't heard it specifically for this vac scheme application round. I have just been on webinars where graduate recruitment have admitted they are unable to review all apps due to the sheer volume.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.