2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
Had anyone heard back from Addleshaw Goddard post app for Leeds? Complete radio silence, but I know there have been loads of AC invitations go out for London and Edinburgh???? Thanks!
My friend was offered a VI for the Leeds AG office around 1-2 weeks ago! I think they might be getting through the applications :)

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Can I just say - if you're in a group exercise and someone gives a great idea, don't shoot it down just because he/she did well for the other exercises. Just came out of a group exercise where my idea was shot down and I was utterly bullied by everyone on the basis that it "wasn't interesting" when the criteria we were supposed to judge the idea against were all objective, business factors. I have never seen such unprofessionalism in the few AC group exercises I have attended thus far. If you want to win a slot on the scheme, win it on the basis of your strength and don't win it by putting others down. To the others who just sided with the bully and said "yeah" with some grunts of affirmation - shame on you.
That's awful. I highly doubt anyone who put you down will get through. I'm sure you handled it well and they will see that. Best of luck!

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Updates for everyone waiting! But I just received the Reed Smith research question for the summer vacation scheme after receiving the email stating that they'll send it at the end of January
I think they send out emails in a batch because I did the SST less than 24 hours ago and received it the same time as someone that did it weeks ago

Reactions: 21wajsz and ofm

pe17797

Standard Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi - I am invited for an interview at Sidley! How do I prepare? Thanks for any help :)
Hi there - happy to help if you still need any guidance. It was an hour long interview including a mixture of competency/motivational questions. The latter half was spent discussing a recent news article and my thoughts on it. I would say that from my research of the firm most of the interviews end up being a conversation - so be prepared to be yourself and know your application inside out.

• Love
Reactions: dorisbeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.