2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizM

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I'm in the same situation re Latham, W&C and Freshfields. I can already see my rejection coming for Latham and W&C, as I know they both already started sending VI invites weeks ago. W&C even started handing out AC invites... Definitely don't have much hope :confused:
It is quite daunting isn't it! However, they could easily be sending invites out in batches. Keep the faith!!

Reactions: bibss

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Is anyone still waiting to hear (Post application - not post selective testing) from the following firms RE Summer VS?:

HSF
    Latham
    Travers Smith
    Freshfields (Direct TC)
    W&C
    Ashurst
    Macfarlanes

If so, do you have any idea of when they will get back to us?

Good luck to everyone over these next few weeks!
    Still waiting for Travers Smith but I believe someone post on here yesterday that it'll still be a while before they get back to us. On that note, anyone else in a similar position to me on the below?

-BCLP (no response post-test, done in December)
    -CMS (post-app, applied just before the deadline and they're rolling so I'm not hopefully on this one)
    -Addleshaw Goddard (post-app)

Sorry to hear about the flood of PFOs that seems to have come in yesterday/today from various firms...we'll all get there :)

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    This probably won't be entirely helpful, but just as an insight, I got 4 averages, and 1 below average but was progressed through. A possible explanation could be that I applied early. Maybe as they're shifting through more and more applications, their expectations are increasing, and had my application been judged when yours was, I may have not made it through.
    The benchmark doesn't change.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Kola

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Damn the Sidley PFO is so classy, I love it!

“We have carefully considered your application but I regret to inform you that you have not been selected for an interview. I am sorry to be writing with what I know will be disappointing news. Please do not take the Firm's decision as an indication of your ability or potential.”

That’s actually just so nice the way they say this, some of the PFOs come across as quite patronising, many a bit cold and uncaring, the rest just professional, but this is actually very nice.

Chloe L

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020

“We have carefully considered your application but I regret to inform you that you have not been selected for an interview. I am sorry to be writing with what I know will be disappointing news. Please do not take the Firm's decision as an indication of your ability or potential.”

That’s actually just so nice the way they say this, some of the PFOs come across as quite patronising, many a bit cold and uncaring, the rest just professional, but this is actually very nice.
    Wow! Talk about a bad news sandwich...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes, nothing shows up when I click on the interview tab on the portal and it says that I don't have any interview invites. I will email them to ask, thank you so much! May I know what range of dates appeared on the interview portal when you selected your interview time slots? 😀
    I’d personally call for something like this. You don’t know when an email will be picked up.

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018

I was thinking the exact same! Actually made me like them more haha

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    As this is my third cycle, I totally understand where you’re coming from! Just have to keep pushing, and finally the stars will align and we’ll get that offer! Haha
    I feel you, I don't even know which cycle I am on, I am on year 3 haha but hey it only takes one right? Let's keep pushing! We got this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.