2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

websterl

Sep 14, 2020
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. As I've come to the end of my TC journey, I am now looking to sell quite a few of texts second-hand at very reasonable prices that definitely helped me. These include:

- All You Need to Know About The City by Christopher Stoakes
- All You Need to Know About Commercial Awareness by Christopher Stoakes
- Critical Thinking Skills by Stella Cottrell
- Commercial Law Handbook by CityCareerSeries
- Application Handbook by CityCareer Series
- The Quick and Complete Guide to a Winning Interview by Thea Kelley
- Numerical Reasoning Tests by Heidi Smith
- Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions by Susan Hodgson
- Practice & Pass Professional Numeracy Test by Alan Redman

As you can see I went completely overboard on Amazon! I hope this is okay to post on this forum - I was going to advertise on my former uni group, but thought I'd try here first, as preparation for applications and interviews can be quite pricey and this is the right audience! I am also happy to answer any questions about my interview preparation/application tips. Please message me for a complete list and I'll respond on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks!

Chloe L

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. As I've come to the end of my TC journey, I am now looking to sell quite a few of texts second-hand at very reasonable prices that definitely helped me. These include:

As you can see I went completely overboard on Amazon! I hope this is okay to post on this forum - I was going to advertise on my former uni group, but thought I'd try here first, as preparation for applications and interviews can be quite pricey and this is the right audience! I am also happy to answer any questions about my interview preparation/application tips. Please message me for a complete list and I'll respond on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks!
I’d be interested

Reactions: websterl

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    I feel like a parrot the amount of times I’ve asked this😂 but has anyone else heard back from Irwin Mitchell? I saw somebody applying to the Cambridge office heard back on Monday but just wondering if anyone else has heard anything? Specifically the northern offices
    literally same 😂 I applied really early on to the London office, but nothing but silence for me

Reactions: KerC14 and Jordon

Mxkry

Legendary Member
    Oct 13, 2020
    Is anyone still waiting to hear (Post application - not post selective testing) from the following firms RE Summer VS?:

HSF
    Latham
    Travers Smith
    Freshfields (Direct TC)
    W&C
    Ashurst
    Macfarlanes

If so, do you have any idea of when they will get back to us?

Good luck to everyone over these next few weeks!
    Still waiting on Travers Smith, Macfarlanes and Ashurst - didn't apply to the rest.

Reactions: MizM

packhorse

Esteemed Member
    Jan 12, 2021

Thanks!
    Might be worth setting up your own thread? @Jaysen @Jessica Booker have you ever considered having a section of the website for related materials to be resold?

Reactions: Lisa Lowe

websterl

Sep 14, 2020

Thanks!
    Thanks for the messages everyone, replying on first-come, first-served basis.
    Other books I've unearthed:

- Numerical Reasoning Tests by how2become
    - Critical Thinking Tests by how2become
    - Bar Course Aptitude Tests by how2become (really good practice for the WG)
    - Training Contract Handbook - CityCareerSeries

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    I'm in the same situation re Latham, W&C and Freshfields. I can already see my rejection coming for Latham and W&C, as I know they both already started sending VI invites weeks ago. W&C even started handing out AC invites... Definitely don't have much hope :confused:
    I just received a White & Case Video Interview invite for Spring this morning, and I applied on November 4th.... I had also lost all hope but the world of grad rec really is as nebulous as @Jessica Booker is always attesting it to be!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.