2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
Does anyone have any tips for the White & Case Video Interview? Are the questions pretty standard? How many questions and how long to prepare/answer?

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Does anyone have any tips for the White & Case Video Interview? Are the questions pretty standard? How many questions and how long to prepare/answer?
So you get 3 questions, each 1m30 in length and 30s preparation time before each one - questions are about the firm, the legal industry overall and you get one competency one too - prepare as you would for any other interview, just practice condensing in 1m20 (10s room for any pauses etc.) - hope that helps!

Reactions: JayC

ishikam

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2021
So you get 3 questions, each 1m30 in length and 30s preparation time before each one - questions are about the firm, the legal industry overall and you get one competency one too - prepare as you would for any other interview, just practice condensing in 1m20 (10s room for any pauses etc.) - hope that helps!
hey! I have not done the VI recently but I believe the website says 15s to prep and 1m30 to answer and they mentioned this at the insight scheme too!

Reactions: Haz

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
Guys, could I get a brutally honest opinion about the follow query:

I have an interview with Ashurst, and one of the reasons why I am applying to them is because of their strong Australian presence. My family is moving to Australia by the end of the year, and while I intend to stay in London for the next 3-10 years or so, having the option of eventually moving would be nice (which is why I find Ashurst so attractive as it would make the transition smoother). In a Vac Scheme interview, would it be appropriate to give this as a reason for applying? On one hand, it is probably one of the most personal and compelling reasons I can give. On the other hand, I don't want them to think of me as a 'temporary hire' who only sees them as a stepping stone to somewhere else.

What do you think?

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I would personally say the VI is very accessible, questions are pretty predictable if you have a good understanding of the firm, I think it’s more to do with seeming likeable and warm

legalCheek27

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 29, 2020
    I would personally say the VI is very accessible, questions are pretty predictable if you have a good understanding of the firm, I think it’s more to do with seeming likeable and warm
    When you say the questions are predictable if “you have a good understanding of the firm”, do you mean they may ask a specific question regarding one of the firm’s initiatives, jurisdictions, or practice areas etc? Or is it more broad?

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    When you say the questions are predictable if “you have a good understanding of the firm”, do you mean they may ask a specific question regarding one of the firm’s initiatives, jurisdictions, or practice areas etc? Or is it more broad?
    I would say that I didn’t feel there were any curveballs in what they asked. It was very in line with my research on the firm. I would just say make sure you have a good understanding of white & case opposed to preparing specific answers

Reactions: Haz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.