Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi U

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
Dec 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

In a commercial awareness question would you link covid with cybersecurity?
Definitely!

Almost everything has been brought online from education to business meetings to patient consolations. With such an increased reliance on online software systems and data storage, cyber-security is arguably a very significant area of concern right now. ☺️

If using this as a commercial story, I would narrow the issue to perhaps a specific company or a specific industry, that way you can have a more tailored discussion as on its own cyber-security is quite a broad topic.

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Doing some interview prep and focusing on commercial awareness. How would you approach a question that asked what business other than a law firm you are interested in? Heard a few conflicting approaches so just trying to get more views on this.
    This is for Willkie isn’t it- it’s quite simple: what business are you interested in and why? This could be a business closely related to their key practice areas but doesn’t have to be and may seem more authentic If it isn’t.

In other interviews in which I was asked a similar question, I spoke about air bnb, because I had read the book about it’s formation and I spoke about the then plan to do an IPO. Just be genuine imo

relentlesspursuit

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 26, 2019
    This is for Willkie isn’t it- it’s quite simple: what business are you interested in and why? This could be a business closely related to their key practice areas but doesn’t have to be and may seem more authentic If it isn’t.

In other interviews in which I was asked a similar question, I spoke about air bnb, because I had read the book about it’s formation and I spoke about the then plan to do an IPO. Just be genuine imo
    Yes it is. I was thinking about talking about a semiconductor manufacturer I've been following and their unique history and positioning currently due to the global chip shortage and US pressures (both economic and political). But I started thinking maybe that kind of question would be asking "what business would you be applying to if not a law firm". I guess I spoke to a couple people and started overthinking. Thanks for the advice

• 🤝
    Reactions: MJ90
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.