2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
N
Sorry if it has been asked recently (finding it hard to keep up to date on this forum at the moment and good to have some time away!) but has anyone heard back from:
Irwin Mitchell (BLS)
Osborne Clarke
Bates Wells

All for London offices.
Thanks and hope everyone is doing good right now!
Nothing yet from IM London, I'm waiting on PLS
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Haha
Reactions: frog

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Bit of a rogue question here: it's looking like I'll need to do another round of apps next cycle, since this year has been a bust. Only issue is that (covid-allowing) I'm due to be on the other side of the world from the middle of July for my year abroad. Will firms accommodate me when it comes to interviews and allow me to participate in ACs virtually, or would I be expected to come back to the UK to interview in person?
I think a lot of firms will run virtual processes from now on. The time/money saved is significant.

It may only be for final round stages of TC processes that there may be an expectation to attend something in the office

Reactions: stemlawgal

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
When I got a VS after bombing one of the exercises I asked the recruiter "are you sure?" about 10 times in the five minute call..
It could be worse, you could be the candidate who thought the recruiter was a friend playing a prank on them and who told the recruiter to F off 😂

EvieSctt123

Feb 15, 2021
So I chose one that I do know personally but not too well (involved 5ish years ago). That way if they bring it up at interview, I know the ins and out and won’t be too put off by questions but can also say that I’m no longer directly linked to them. Tbh I don’t think it matters as long as you describe why it’s innovative properly :)
Thankyou!!

Reactions: Hele25
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.