Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hey guys,

@Jacob Miller this may be a question for you as it is based off your article but does anyone know whether it is breaching the SRA Code of Conduct to lie on behalf of a client to the other party in the course of negotiation- I know you cannot do so if you are misleading the court but not sure if it's generally prohibited in a private negotiation setting, my gut would say so but wanted to check!
    This would be a breach of rule 1.4 of the SRA Code of Conduct.

(sorry it's taken me ages to reply btw I was in back to back meetings 3-8 and literally just had dinner lol)

Reactions: Daniel Boden and GK8997

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Another week with no news.....

GIF by Salon des Entrepreneurs

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    This would be a breach of rule 1.4 of the SRA Code of Conduct.

(sorry it's taken me ages to reply btw I was in back to back meetings 3-8 and literally just had dinner lol)
    Was just about to say - I knew my Legal Ethics course on the GDL was good for something!! Well played @Jacob Miller haha

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Happy weekend everyone. Try to take some time off, get creative like @whisperingrock and look after yourself! 🥳
    But yes guys please make sure you take time for yourself and have multiple wines/beers/ales if you are so inclined this weekend - it's so important anyway but all the more important we look after ourselves in these difficult COVID times. Remind yourselves you're all doing great for even putting yourselves in this position! So many people gave up long ago but you all are still sticking at it which is something to celebrate for sure so I'm raising a glass to you all this evening :) 🍻🍷

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    But yes guys please make sure you take time for yourself and have multiple wines/beers/ales if you are so inclined this weekend - it's so important anyway but all the more important we look after ourselves in these difficult COVID times. Remind yourselves you're all doing great for even putting yourselves in this position! So many people gave up long ago but you all are still sticking at it which is something to celebrate for sure so I'm raising a glass to you all this evening :) 🍻🍷
    Are you raising the Argentinian wine for your fellow TCLA comrades? :cool:

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Going to be BBQ and Koppaberg weather tomorrow, 16c and sunny in London haha 😄😆. Won't be long and we will be drinking canned mixers/cocktails over the park in the sun!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.