2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Going to be BBQ and Koppaberg weather tomorrow, 16c and sunny in London haha 😄😆. Won't be long and we will be drinking canned mixers/cocktails over the park in the sun!
    Putting on my best @Jacob Miller impression here (I'm assuming you're Scottish after living and studying in Scotland for a few years so indulge me 😂) I cannae wait for when we can all do that hahaha

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    My gosh I'm popular here this evening!

Putting on my best @Jacob Miller impression here (I'm assuming you're Scottish after living and studying in Scotland for a few years so indulge me 😂) I cannae wait for when we can all do that hahaha
    Yes I'm Scottish and I talk (and drink) like a Scot too :oops:

I’ve tried looking for @Jacob Miller monday articles series (e.g. the negotiation rundown) but I can’t seem to find them - sorry if this is daft but could someone point me in the right direction :)
    Here are the articles in no particular order:

:)

j597

Star Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    Has anyone had any experience of a Squire Patton Boggs AC before? Do you get time to go away and prepare and research the presentation part or do you get a topic and just have to go for it? 😂

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    I still haven't heard from OC and am having to watch Ru Paul to stop me from constantly refreshing my emails/this website/the OC Portal. I think I would take a lipsync over this process right now!
    if you’re interested or anyone else, I just listened to Wake Up to Money podcast and they cover the economics of drag culture and how it’s going mainstream (the latest episode from Friday). Super interesting!

law2021

Star Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    I had an AC last week and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, but I haven't heard back yet. Trying not to read too much into it but failing 😅
    anyone have tips for how to keep the nerves in check? This whole process is starting to really get to me - can't sleep through the night because of the stress!!

Reactions: Renemccarthy

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 27, 2020
    Hi all,

Has anyone who applied to HFW in January, heard back anything yet? I saw they were doing ACs in November/December, so just wondering if all January applications are a no by now
    I applied in mid January and haven’t heard yet, I don’t think that the ACs in Nov/Dec were for the 2021 vac schemes but I could be wrong :) hopefully they will be in touch soon, did you apply for the summer scheme?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi all,

Has anyone who applied to HFW in January, heard back anything yet? I saw they were doing ACs in November/December, so just wondering if all January applications are a no by now
    I haven't but my friend submitted on the deadline and got invited to an AC the other day

Reactions: JoeF

applicantmp

Feb 4, 2021
    The CRS VI says I have to complete by 24 Febuary 2021 (GMT+00:00). Does this mean end of the day on 24th i.e. can complete on 24th?
    Hey! I had the same issue, I would recommend doing it on the 23rd just to be safe. I did mine on the afternoon of 18th when the deadline said 18th Feb (GMT+00:00) without realising that it was after the deadline had elapsed. Launchpad link still worked and everything. I emailed grad rec and she was really sweet about the whole thing saying that they would consider my application regardless, but if you can do it on the 23rd I would suggest to do that

cem

Standard Member
    Jan 26, 2021
    This is probably a niche question (given their Scottish focus) but has anyone ever interviewed for Shepherd and Wedderburn before? I have mines this week and have no idea whether it's competency or strengths based etc., all I know is that it involves a Case Study🤷‍♀️

tps209

Standard Member
    Oct 17, 2020
    Any advice on how to prepare for interviews involving the discussion of a topical news article? I've had two interviews like this and don't think that either has gone particularly well. I try my best to regularly read the news (FT, Economist, Guardian etc) and genuinely enjoy learning about a range of commercial/political topics, but find it really difficult to maintain an argument when being grilled by a partner for 30 mins straight haha

Reactions: j597
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.