2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jxmxs00

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2021
Ugh I recently did an interview for s&m and I think it went well but I felt very informal. I don’t know how to wait through till the result. I hate the anxiety. Any tips on how to deal?
The first thing I'd say is don't worry too much that you felt you were informal - I think the interviewing style lends itself to that if I'm honest, as it very much felt like just a chat about myself. I spent the few weeks after my interview cringing at the "joke" I made, and everyday I'd remember a new answer to criticise myself for.

The point is - it's not worth it. You don't *really* know how well you did, although I had an inclination I did well like you said you do, and you certainly don't know what they were thinking. Relax, maybe find some work to do because I know for sure that I was behind after prepping for the interview for 2 weeks, stop relentlessly checking your emails and just let it happen.

• Love
Reactions: cmaj and Samantha

Carmen H

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi Carmen, have u heard back from PMC or Withers?
No nothing, but I emailed Withers after it had been 4 months and they replied saying that they've been inundated with applications this cycle, that they're a small team and that they don't have access to a recruitment tool that pre-screens the applications for them - but that they'd get back to us ASAP. I'm expecting PFOs from both of them at this point though, which is sad because I got through to interview with Withers last year and thought my application this year was way stronger. Let me know if you hear anything will you?

jd3447

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
No nothing, but I emailed Withers after it had been 4 months and they replied saying that they've been inundated with applications this cycle, that they're a small team and that they don't have access to a recruitment tool that pre-screens the applications for them - but that they'd get back to us ASAP. I'm expecting PFOs from both of them at this point though, which is sad because I got through to interview with Withers last year and thought my application this year was way stronger. Let me know if you hear anything will you?
I wouldn’t think this!!! I also haven’t heard from withers - I’ve heard of VERY few people being asked to interview so far. Feels like they genuinely are just being slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.