2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawGrad2019

Distinguished Member
Feb 19, 2021
Interviews just don't get any easier, do they? Have a Skype interview in an hour and I just feel so queasy with nerves!

They really don't!

I'd recommend having 2 glasses of water with you (1 is never enough for me), doing some quiet breathing exercises beforehand and maybe watching yourself on Photobooth/your webcam so you familiarise yourself with how you look and aren't checking it once the interview starts.

Once it starts and they ask how you're doing, the nerves quickly decrease as your body knows you're not in danger :)

Best of luck!!

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Guys I am really struggling to remain positive after an application cycle where I slaved over my applications and didn't make progress on a single one of the applications (beyond the test stage which was mostly automatic)- so basically the first hurdle.

I spent so much time on the applications and I feel like I don't know how to improve or get better, due to total lack of feedback. lt feels hard to trust I'll ever get there because I tried my hardest and it wasn't enough, so why will next cycle be any different?

Looking for advice or hopeful stories :(

Jony

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Guys I am really struggling to remain positive after an application cycle where I slaved over my applications and didn't make progress on a single one of the applications (beyond the test stage which was mostly automatic)- so basically the first hurdle.

I spent so much time on the applications and I feel like I don't know how to improve or get better, due to total lack of feedback. lt feels hard to trust I'll ever get there because I tried my hardest and it wasn't enough, so why will next cycle be any different?

Looking for advice or hopeful stories :(

Drop me a dm, I'd be happy to look over your applications.

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    I was wondering what are the most difficult/unexpected commercial awareness questions people have been asked in interview? I feel like I've prepped the basics but just want to ensure I've prepared for the worst and maybe even just challenge myself!

For example, although on the face of this many people may not think this is too hard, I was asked in interview about the UK budget and didn't even know where to begin!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.