2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Trainees, partners and associates when you ask about the work/life balance of a firm:
    Stressed Downton Abbey GIF

xht

Distinguished Member
    Feb 17, 2021
    Anyone still waiting on MoFo or Debevoise post-app? It's been 3+ months since I applied so I'm assuming PFO, but has anyone heard?

*Also I'm aware debevoise are already doing ACs so presumably I have missed the boat?
    i am in the same boat for debevoise but i'm hoping they have more acs because surely they would have sent out the pfo by now wouldn't they? what do you think i'm actually so idekkkkk

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Trainees, partners and associates when you ask about the work/life balance of a firm:
    Stressed Downton Abbey GIF
    It’s scary to think 10 years ago, I helped design a brochure that had “some ruined Saturdays” and “late for dinner....(again)” on the front cover 😂

anon101

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 2, 2020
    PFO post VI for Bakers as well. :') Does anyone know if you're allowed to apply for their direct TC after a failed VS application? Also, would it be bad to use the same application since it passed the first time around - because I'm honestly not too sure what I can further change about it since my motivation and experiences are the same. Thank you! :confused:

els124

Distinguished Member
    Sep 26, 2020
    I'm so sorry if this is a bit of a ignorant question, but do direct TC applications differ significantly from VS applications? Does anyone know if they generally more/less competitive (I've heard both). I have a bit of legal experience (mostly volunteering in courts, some work-shadowing at an international firm) but am not sure if this will be enough for a TC application?

I was told by the partner in my Slaughters interview "don't worry if you don't get a place on the VS; it's more competitive than the TC and we have candidates every year who don't get a place on the VS but 'walk into' a TC"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.