2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athina

Nov 11, 2020
Hi all, I am sure this has been asked before so am sorry but what are people's experiences like with paying for WG practice tests? I feel like I've done all the free ones multiple times so am merely remembering the answers rather than testing myself but I have a feeling that if I buy them they'll just end up being unhelpful/same questions repeated. Any thoughts?
Hey! I would say it depends on what score you are getting in the free practice ones. I started off on about 85% so I personally found that studying pure logic and practising free verbal reasoning tests pushed my score up a bit. However, this is because I lost most of my points in the inferences section and had previously not realised the deductions section required pure logic. If, however, you are struggling to pass, some of the paid test which have been mentioned will help you understand what each section is actually requiring you to do, which should significantly boost your score!

sberry1992

Apr 6, 2020
me on my way to Penningtons grad rec to try to get a post-ac outcome
drag race flirting GIF by Tazo Tea
Did you manage to hear anything back? I'm on tenterhooks!

Reactions: CareerChanger

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    Thanks! One of their summer ones. They are planning for it to be in person but are maintaining a virtual option, they said will confirm ASAP. Will be shorter if virtual.
    Nice! They told me Summer 1 will be shorter and virtual when I last spoke to them but I guess they're still waiting? Unless they lied to try to get rid of me lol

Congrats again!! 🎉🎉

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2019

I found the above articles quite interesting on this topic, hope they help :)
    Hi, I was wondering how this trend of spacs would be affecting law firms/lawyers' work - im struggling to think of anything specific apart from them playing an advisory role. Would you be able to give some insight? thank you so much!

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019
    Hi, I was wondering how this trend of spacs would be affecting law firms/lawyers' work - im struggling to think of anything specific apart from them playing an advisory role. Would you be able to give some insight? thank you so much!

I think a key role will be advising on where to pursue a SPAC - lots of stock exchanges have different listing rules and advantages. Lawyers would also need to understand the future of the business as opposed to its history as unlike IPOs or Public M&A, SPACs are projections focused (predicting what the company can achieve in the future). Take for example, Archer, a flying taxi company that went public via a SPAC. Lawyers would need to consider the future projections and what reasonable, prospective legal changes could affect that. So a lot of advisory work but somewhat different to usual as there are a lot more commercial considerations involved.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I think a key role will be advising on where to pursue a SPAC - lots of stock exchanges have different listing rules and advantages. Lawyers would also need to understand the future of the business as opposed to its history as unlike IPOs or Public M&A, SPACs are projections focused (predicting what the company can achieve in the future). Take for example, Archer, a flying taxi company that went public via a SPAC. Lawyers would need to consider the future projections and what reasonable, prospective legal changes could affect that. So a lot of advisory work but somewhat different to usual as there are a lot more commercial considerations involved.
    @Raam is the gold standard of commercial awareness. Always look forward to your posts 🙏

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.