2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Yeah just to add further evidence of this, my firm Gibson Dunn has an awful lot of lawyers who are ex-US DoJ which no doubt explains why it's so good for white-collar/investigations work

When I went to a Gibson Dunn Open Day I actually got to meet that partner dude who was like a head honcho at the SFO. Sacha something? They're doing the same thing here too!

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    When I went to a Gibson Dunn Open Day I actually got to meet that partner dude who was like a head honcho at the SFO. Sacha something? They're doing the same thing here too!
    Yeah Sacha Harber-Kelly! I actually had the opportunity to do some work for him on my vac scheme - super nice guy who's incredibly smart as you'd expect

Reactions: Matt_96 and J32
    Anyone willing to share what they scored for Gateley’s ‘four pillars’? I did well for Grit and applied intellect, but my creative force and digital mindset let me down.
    Feel as if that’s what they’re after too.
    Expecting a PFO🤣
    How long after completing the assessment did you receive your feedback? I completed mine five days ago and still yet to receive feedback? Do you know the address of the email account?

Anyone willing to share what they scored for Gateley’s ‘four pillars’? I did well for Grit and applied intellect, but my creative force and digital mindset let me down.
    Expecting a PFO🤣
    How long after completing the assessment did you receive your feedback? Could you let me know the email address so I can keep an eye out on my inbox

sunflowerducks

Junior Lawyer
    Jun 15, 2020
    Expecting a PFO🤣
    Got 9/9 for applied intellect, 7 for creative force, 6 for digital mindset, and 1 for grit. Time to take the L 😬😂. I personally have no clue how any of that test was meant to test my grit, but we move.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Got 9/9 for applied intellect, 7 for creative force, 6 for digital mindset, and 1 for grit. Time to take the L 😬😂. I personally have no clue how any of that test was meant to test my grit, but we move.
    I wonder if they work it out like a percentage so because there’s 36 in total to get maybe like 60% pass rate which would mean you’d need 22 in total?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.