2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillith

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 14, 2021
Rejection from Macfarlanes for VS but invited to apply for a tc - is this the norm? Applied 22 Jan
I didn’t get told to apply for the TC in my PFO for the Easter vac scheme so unless it comes down to eligibility for tc (and I doubt they’d do different rejection emails just based on the year you’re in) I would imagine it’s a good thing that they said that to you

If you have a VS this summer with a firm, but in the meantime apply for a direct TC with a different firm - is that an odd thing to do? do people usually do this or wait until after the VS?
This is pretty standard - until you have signed a training contract, you are entitled to (and people do!) apply for other training contracts/vacation schemes.

For example, I did a VS and was made an offer at an SC firm, whilst I was applying and going through the process of interviewing at A&O for a training contract.

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: layla rose and John Travoni

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Have spent a good week reading through the entirety of this thread and seriously, you guys are awesome!

I'm a career changer currently studying the full time GDL alongside full time employment, add on applications and it's crazy!

I'm currently waiting on
Bevan Brittan
BPE
Lewis Silkin
RPC
Womble

Anyone heard anything yet?

• Wow
Reactions: Holly

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For all of those who received Macfarlanes rejection I am not trying to be rude but I saw it coming because I heard that they filled up all of their VS places. Those who were told to apply for a direct training contract means if you applied earlier then you would have got an offer for assessment centre. I am saying this because I applied in January and my application was really good but got rejected because they filled up places for VS. I applied for their direct training contract on the day I got rejected so we will see if I get a rejection again or not. But I feel you and know rejections are hard but take a day and do something non-application related like if you are a football fan watch the football tonight or do something to get your mind off it.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Have spent a good week reading through the entirety of this thread and seriously, you guys are awesome!

I'm a career changer currently studying the full time GDL alongside full time employment, add on applications and it's crazy!

I'm currently waiting on
    Bevan Brittan
    BPE
    Lewis Silkin
    RPC
    Womble

I applied to Bevan Brittan and got an email saying they are looking at applications

lozza_2

Distinguished Member
    Nov 25, 2019
    For all of those who received Macfarlanes rejection I am not trying to be rude but I saw it coming because I heard that they filled up all of their VS places. Those who were told to apply for a direct training contract means if you applied earlier then you would have got an offer for assessment centre. I am saying this because I applied in January and my application was really good but got rejected because they filled up places for VS. I applied for their direct training contract on the day I got rejected so we will see if I get a rejection again or not. But I feel you and know rejections are hard but take a day and do something non-application related like if you are a football fan watch the football tonight or do something to get your mind off it.
    Did you change your application much or just resubmit your vs application as a tc application?

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021

I'm currently waiting on
    Bevan Brittan
    BPE
    Lewis Silkin
    RPC
    Womble

nothing from Womble since the test

Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.