2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
I got this too, was wondering the same thing
yep I got the same email

Did my Mischon VI early Jan and still haven't heard back - is anyone in a similar position/has anyone contacted grad recruitment about this - considering emailing but not sure
just got the pfo from Mishcon today and did my VI in early feb

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Oh? She gave me a totally different timeframe... As they are still conducting interviews

To preface, I was the third person interviewed of the entire lot and have spoken to the first, who has confirmed that is what we were both told. So she might have changed her mind. Probably has something to do with the huge increase in applications that nearly all firms are seeing.

Reactions: Anya B

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    This is pretty standard - until you have signed a training contract, you are entitled to (and people do!) apply for other training contracts/vacation schemes.

For example, I did a VS and was made an offer at an SC firm, whilst I was applying and going through the process of interviewing at A&O for a training contract.
    Okay thank you Neville! Should I include the fact I am yet to complete my VS at a different firm in the TC application?

ChuPnl

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Feb 9, 2021
    To preface, I was the third person interviewed of the entire lot and have spoken to the first, who has confirmed that is what we were both told. So she might have changed her mind. Probably has something to do with the huge increase in applications that nearly all firms are seeing.
    Aah fair enough, she told me we should hear after everyone's been interviewed (so potentially next week?)
    How did you find out you were the third?

Anya B

Distinguished Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Aah fair enough, she told me we should hear after everyone's been interviewed (so potentially next week?)
    How did you find out you were the third?
    Just on this - I was the first person to be interviewed this cycle for Winckworth (Mid-Jan) was told I would hear back in a month and have just dropped grad rec an email to ask when to expect to hear back seeing as its coming up to 2 months :) Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

ChuPnl

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Feb 9, 2021
    Just on this - I was the first person to be interviewed this cycle for Winckworth (Mid-Jan) was told I would hear back in a month and have just dropped grad rec an email to ask when to expect to hear back seeing as its coming up to 2 months :) Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!
    Do you mind letting us know when they reply? And best of luck to you as well!

Reactions: mia99 and Anya B

Samantha

Legendary Member
    Nov 18, 2020
    For all of those who received Macfarlanes rejection I am not trying to be rude but I saw it coming because I heard that they filled up all of their VS places. Those who were told to apply for a direct training contract means if you applied earlier then you would have got an offer for assessment centre. I am saying this because I applied in January and my application was really good but got rejected because they filled up places for VS. I applied for their direct training contract on the day I got rejected so we will see if I get a rejection again or not. But I feel you and know rejections are hard but take a day and do something non-application related like if you are a football fan watch the football tonight or do something to get your mind off it.
    Were you told to reply in your rejection email?

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Guys I have a question to answer for an app:

Describe a situation when you took a personal risk to share a view that was different or unpopular (in no more than 150 words). For example, working on a group project where you had a different opinion to the majority of the group.

How can I answer this? Does anyone have any situational examples? I think the 'personal risk' bit is throwing me off

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.