2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

araba21

Mar 13, 2021
If Reed Smith said in their email on Friday that answers should be sent within in 5 days, does that mean by end of Monday or Tuesday? Am pranging out on when to start counting lol
I would personally take that as Wednesday being the last day to submit (with Saturday being day 1). But to be on the safe side, I'd just tell myself Tuesday is the last day in case of any tech issues!

Reactions: manifestingaTC

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

Got an invite for VI with W&C last night. But it says due 00:00 14th March. Does that mean the end of the day today or tomorrow?

Also any tips - I have no clue what to expect.
They only gave you one day to do the VI? Surely that's a glitch, everyone else had 5 days... I'd email and check.

There are 3 questions to answer, one about the firm, one about the legal industry, and one competency - prepare as you would for a normal interview.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions :)

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the Clyde & Co conversion rate? Just got a vac scheme offer and obviously very grateful, but I know quite of few people who have done a VS with them and none of them got the TC offer, so I'm curious to see just how low it is!
    My first port of call for that is usually the “Firm Profile” tab on the firm’s Chambers Student page. According to that source, Clyde & Co make 60 vac scheme offers and 35-45 TC offers per year. If I remember correctly they recruit all their trainees through their VS, but I’m happy to be corrected. Anyway, the conversion rate would seem to be ~60–75% – not too shabby.

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the Clyde & Co conversion rate? Just got a vac scheme offer and obviously very grateful, but I know quite of few people who have done a VS with them and none of them got the TC offer, so I'm curious to see just how low it is!
    Congrats on your offer! I attended an Open Day with Clydes this year and grad rec said that, in theory, they have the ability to offer all their vac schemers a TC. Obviously this usually doesn't happen in practice as it depends on the quality of candidates but prob useful to know :)

Reactions: H48

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    They only gave you one day to do the VI? Surely that's a glitch, everyone else had 5 days... I'd email and check.

There are 3 questions to answer, one about the firm, one about the legal industry, and one competency - prepare as you would for a normal interview.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions :)
    I was given mine on a Wednesday and it was due on a Friday. I think they have certain dates by which they want to review each batch so we probably were up against that.

Also someone said the questions are randomised from a large question bank so everyone gets different questions - I didn’t get one about the firm, for example. But I agree with the advice to prepare as if it is a normal interview!

Reactions: LEL

H48

Star Member
    Oct 9, 2020
    My first port of call for that is usually the “Firm Profile” tab on the firm’s Chambers Student page. According to that source, Clyde & Co make 60 vac scheme offers and 35-45 TC offers per year. If I remember correctly they recruit all their trainees through their VS, but I’m happy to be corrected. Anyway, the conversion rate would seem to be ~60–75% – not too shabby.
    Oh gosh I was literally just on that website looking for those numbers and must have totally missed it haha, that's so helpful thank you!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Staples

H48

Star Member
    Oct 9, 2020
    Congrats on your offer! I attended an Open Day with Clydes this year and grad rec said that, in theory, they have the ability to offer all their vac schemers a TC. Obviously this usually doesn't happen in practice as it depends on the quality of candidates but prob useful to know :)
    Thank you, that's really good to know!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Does anyone know if Taylor Wessing has sent PFO’s post-AC?
    Thought mine went okay but I got waitlisted and I know they’ve been giving out offers :( just wanted to know if it’s something most people got

LawGrad2019

Distinguished Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    Does anyone know if Taylor Wessing has sent PFO’s post-AC?
    Thought mine went okay but I got waitlisted and I know they’ve been giving out offers :( just wanted to know if it’s something most people got

I'm not sure if this is any use but last year they called (some?) successful people the next day and waited a couple of weeks before rejecting others. They called to reject me but I had figured it out by then since I saw LinkedIn offers from people :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_Healey
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.