2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    I have a bit of an unusual question - does anyone know how likely it is that firms fund you for an LLM, for example, during the waiting period (if any) between obtaining a TC and its start date? Does anyone know of instances where this or something similar has happened? (also countering in that the GDL and LPC had been self-funded).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have a bit of an unusual question - does anyone know how likely it is that firms fund you for an LLM, for example, during the waiting period (if any) between obtaining a TC and its start date? Does anyone know of instances where this or something similar has happened? (also countering in that the GDL and LPC had been self-funded).
    Highly unlikely, even if the GDL and LPC have been self funded. An LLM is not a requirement for the role while the others are. The best I could see is that you get retrospectively refunded for the GDL/LPC that could help you find an LLM

• ℹ️
    Reactions: N.9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.