2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Just got the same for London 🥲
Tbh I don’t think it’s a PFO from Gateley. The fact that they’ve already given out PFOs today shows that they’ve received applications and some haven’t met the benchmarks. So I think by us hearing back next week, the applications that haven’t heard back today are either on the borderline of being on the reserve list or on the acc AC, or else they would have just handed us our PFO today. Just my opinion guys 😂😂

Reactions: Legalmel_99

RachelLouise22

Distinguished Member
Jan 30, 2021
Tbh I don’t think it’s a PFO from Gateley. The fact that they’ve already given out PFOs today shows that they’ve received applications and some haven’t met the benchmarks. So I think by us hearing back next week, the applications that haven’t heard back today are either on the borderline of being on the reserve list or on the acc AC, or else they would have just handed us our PFO today. Just my opinion guys 😂😂
Let’s hope you’re right because I like that theory ahaha

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
I hope so I agree I like this theory

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Was this an unsolicited email or did you email them for an update and this was their response? Just wondering because i haven’t received any email at all haha!
Unsolicited email, I personally never email for an update feel like doing that is asking for a PFO because there so busy! I applied to travers smith in November 😂 haven’t heard from them I know people have VS but still won’t email them because I know how busy firms are xxx

SamTam99

Legendary Member
Jan 5, 2021
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

TiredPG

Star Member
Forum Winner
Jan 6, 2021
Was wondering if anyone has any experience interviewing for a paralegal position with a firm they have secured a vac scheme (or TC) with? Bit unsure of how to prepare for one apart from generic info off of Google..

CharlotteLegal

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 13, 2020
    Was wondering if anyone has any experience interviewing for a paralegal position with a firm they have secured a vac scheme (or TC) with? Bit unsure of how to prepare for one apart from generic info off of Google..
    I’m not really answering your Q here as I haven’t been in the situation of interviewing at a firm I have a VS/TC at but I’ve been a Paralegal for the past 18 months and am changing firms in May for a new Paralegal role so I’ve had a few interviews - to be honest in both my interviews I did mention my TC goals but neither time were the interviewers particularly bothered (not in a bad way, it just wasn’t hugely relevant to the role). Imo I think they want to make sure you’re interested and aware of the work you’re going to do and goings on in the department you’re interviewing in, as well as the skills you’ve already gained which would be useful in said role. If it was me, I’d focus on regular Paralegal interview Qs but of course mention how you’re looking forward to building your knowledge pre VS/TC and get to know more about the firm than you do already.

That may not be helpful but TLDR I don’t know if I’d treat it differently from a firm you don’t have a VS/TC with; maybe I’m wrong though.

Reactions: TiredPG and FM302989
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.