Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks, the 90s sounds like the best decade to have been looking for a training contract! :')

Definitely applying again, I went to a careers event and one first year trainee said they applied to the firm for 8 years before they got in! It's just tough to keep applying but we'll get there!

That was a time of hand written applications that you sent in the post to firms. It wasn’t all fun and games 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Andrew M

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
That was a time of hand written applications that you sent in the post to firms. It wasn’t all fun and games 😂
Written on parchment with a quill?
writing letter GIF by Nationalmuseet

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Probably a really stupid question but in a virtual AC is a shirt and tie ok or is a suit a must?
Shirt and tie will be fine. You can always leave your jacket on the back of the chair or nearby if you think it is needed (e.g. if all the firm representatives are all suited and booted - which is unlikely).

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    how did you manage this!
    They withdrew my application because they said the scheme was primarily targeted towards undergraduates! I uno-reverse carded them and justified that I could fill those two years with internships while working towards starting a training contract with them in 2023! I was actually inspired by everyone's actions on TCLA who also did the same! Thank you everyone!!

A

Anon 11031

They withdrew my application because they said the scheme was primarily targeted towards undergraduates! I uno-reverse carded them and justified that I could fill those two years with internships while working towards starting a training contract with them in 2023! I was actually inspired by everyone's actions on TCLA who also did the same! Thank you everyone!!
    This is brilliant. 👏

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.