Addleshaw AC

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks to the tips here I was invited to the AC for addleshaw! Would appreciate it anyone has any insights in regards to the AC?

Thanks

S
Hey! If it's the same AC as for the vac scheme, it's pretty full on but also good fun too. There isn't a great deal that you can prepare for. There's a group task where you are given a case study and deliver an oral presentation and answer some questions weighing up different options for a potential client. In this exercise, you want to ensure that you are involved (which doesn't necessarily mean speaking the most) and try to include others in the team.

You then have a different case study exercise on your own, in which you are given a bunch of emails and tasked with summarising the key issues and suggesting potential options for the client. I got a bit of a grilling in my Q&A for not considering enough options, so try to think quite broadly.

Finally, there's an interview with two people (mine were both partners). It's mainly focused around your motivations and experiences but there are also some commercial elements, so make sure that you go in having researched the firm, its clients and key commercial challenges and opportunities.

Good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.