Addleshaw Goddard Application

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Could you please share Addleshaw Goddard vac application? :)
It's a completely different application this year than for the last cycle (different questions, different format, different word counts) so I'm not sure it would be that helpful to you!

Hi! for this year's application, there is question about D+I: Diversity and Inclusion has moved up the agenda in recent years, what action should law firms be taking to ensure that they are creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace?
Should I be giving ideas that AG is not currently implementing? Or, as they don't actually mention the firm in the question, should I be giving generic advice that would apply to any law firm?
I'm currently working on my application. I was intending to answer more generally and then link back to initiatives that AG has/does not have. For example, I know that they have changed a few things in their recruitment process over the past couple of years, in a bid to improve diversity.

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    It's a completely different application this year than for the last cycle (different questions, different format, different word counts) so I'm not sure it would be that helpful to you!

I'm currently working on my application. I was intending to answer more generally and then link back to initiatives that AG has/does not have. For example, I know that they have changed a few things in their recruitment process over the past couple of years, in a bid to improve diversity.
    Thank you! I basically did the same thing!

nisadee

Valued Member
    Oct 9, 2019
    What is the application process for AG's vacation schemes. I have just read this on Chamber's Student which confused me: "The firm chooses vac schemers directly from their application forms. Meanwhile, following a preliminary video interview, around 70 of those applying directly for training contracts are invited to one of several assessment centres."

So there is no tests, interviews or ACs for the vac scheme?

Reactions: NadineBusty

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    I'm currently looking to apply to Addleshaw Goddard! Any advice / tips would be great! Particularly regarding question3. Thank you!
    By question 3, do you mean 'what are our USPs'? In my answer, I predominately talked about the firm's approach to service delivery and how this benefits AG's clients. So it might be a good idea for you to do some research on what kind of services AG offers and how this compares to what its competitors offer.

Insecable

Star Member
    Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 16
    Jan 13, 2019
    What is the application process for AG's vacation schemes. I have just read this on Chamber's Student which confused me: "The firm chooses vac schemers directly from their application forms. Meanwhile, following a preliminary video interview, around 70 of those applying directly for training contracts are invited to one of several assessment centres."

So there is no tests, interviews or ACs for the vac scheme?
    For the vacation scheme it is: application form, video interview and assessment centre. I remember reading that on Chambers when I was applying too and it is incorrect.

B_16610

Jul 29, 2021
    Apologies for bumping an old threat but what is generally expected to go in Is there any additional information you would like to disclose for us to consider alongside your application?

Is this more of a mitigating circumstances question or a "just put anything you think is relevant here" question (e.g., languages, achievements etc.)?

Thanks!

Insecable

Star Member
    Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 16
    Jan 13, 2019
    Apologies for bumping an old threat but what is generally expected to go in Is there any additional information you would like to disclose for us to consider alongside your application?

Is this more of a mitigating circumstances question or a "just put anything you think is relevant here" question (e.g., languages, achievements etc.)?

Thanks!
    When I applied, I think there was a separate section for mitigating circumstances. I assume it is a space to add anything else you think is relevant, but it may be worth contacting Grad to confirm.

elliott1958

Jul 26, 2023
    @LegalNim
    If you like, I've made a successful application to Addleshaw Goddard, which I would be more than happy to share :) For the third question, I remember talking about the firm's Client Development Centre and AG Integrate.
    hey sorry just saw this hope you're still active on this website! I am currently doing the TC application. I don't find it particularly difficult but definitely really confusing. When it asks for qualification am I right in assuming it is asking for individual module marks, A-Level marks and employment? It's very confusing

Reactions: Athena Tam

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.