Advice on an application question

GA0O13

May 18, 2018
Hi everyone :)

I've been trying to answer the following question for an application :
Life is inherently challenging at times, whether it be at work or at home. Please give an example of a challenging situation you have faced and explain how you overcame it and what you learned from the experience.

I'm not sure which examples to use for this question - I was considering describing a difficult situation at work (conflict between team members & resolving that) or at university, when I was organising an event in a team and we faced some setbacks - but I'm not sure these address the question. I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about answering this and what sort of examples I should avoid.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Campbell44

Coralin96

Valued Member
Early Bird
Feb 28, 2018

Life is inherently challenging at times, whether it be at work or at home. Please give an example of a challenging situation you have faced and explain how you overcame it and what you learned from the experience.

I'm not sure which examples to use for this question - I was considering describing a difficult situation at work (conflict between team members & resolving that) or at university, when I was organising an event in a team and we faced some setbacks - but I'm not sure these address the question. I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about answering this and what sort of examples I should avoid.

Thanks in advance!

Hey :). I've answered a question like this before. This is just my opinion but I would say this is a bit less suitable for the workplace type difficult situations and more for the bigger, more personal application questions. At least that was what I did when I answered it. That could probably be within an event, but maybe you could talk about something that happened in your life (if you have one?)

Reactions: GA0O13

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Thanks in advance!

The question is very broad and will cover both of your examples. I would choose the situation that you believe is most closely tied to the question. This will be a personal decision. You may want to ask yourself: Which one was the most challenging? How did it challenge you? Why was it challenging?

By digging deep with these types of questions, your answer will be less generic and more interesting.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.