Allen & Overy SJT

D

Deleted member 8341

Hey! They don't give you a score, just an automatic email saying you've passed: "We are pleased to inform you that your responses suggest that you possess the qualities we look for at Allen & Overy. Therefore, you will be progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process, where your application will be reviewed." It then just lists four of the agilities. Hope that helps!
This is exactly what I was after, thank you very much

PP27

Distinguished Member
Oct 11, 2019
Just an update, thanks to everyone for your advice. I heard back from someone else at GR and was sent instructions to clear my internet cache. Then when I clicked the original link I was able to carry on the test where I left it. Not sure if it was just a misunderstanding on my part on the call but glad it's resolved. Received an instant email saying I had passed.
Just wanted to say that this happened to me, where my test froze up on the penultimate question. If this happens to anyone else, clear your internet cache and click on the original link!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The work experience sections doesn’t have a word limit. How many words would you recommend?
Should we stick to STAR? And relate it back to why firm?

STAR isn’t really appropriate for work experience sections as you aren’t talking about one process/example within a job, you are talking about multiple aspects.

STAR is only really appropriate when you have to provide one specific example of a competency.

it doesn’t need to be connected back to the firm directly, but you may want to connect it back to the skills or values they look for.

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    STAR isn’t really appropriate for work experience sections as you aren’t talking about one process/example within a job, you are talking about multiple aspects.

STAR is only really appropriate when you have to provide one specific example of a competency.

it doesn’t need to be connected back to the firm directly, but you may want to connect it back to the skills or values they look for.
    Thanks

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    please help! I am doing a SJT test right now and when I was doing question 9, it randomly skipped to question 10 before they even gave me the option to answer 9. It won't let you go back. What should I do?

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
    Jun 23, 2019
    I did my SJT on Sunday and still haven't received the automated response on whether I passed or not. However, my portal says my application is under review so I'm assuming I passed it. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I did my SJT on Sunday and still haven't received the automated response on whether I passed or not. However, my portal says my application is under review so I'm assuming I passed it. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks!

have you taken the SJT in previous recruitment cycles?

Newsletter1

Sep 9, 2021
    That’s great ! How did you find the application process and have you heard back from them ? I completed the SJT but I didn’t get an email afterwards. However, on my portal it says I’m through to the next stage.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Has anyone been sent an email that they've passed the SJT? In previous years it was instantaneous but doesn't seem to be the case this year?

BioSTEM

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 9, 2021
    Has anyone been sent an email that they've passed the SJT? In previous years it was instantaneous but doesn't seem to be the case this year?
    I did my SJT on 26/08 and haven't heard back since but I did email grad recruitment and they said they are having issues with their SJT provider and that I should receive my outcome soon, although this was a week or two ago by now. I think everyone else is having the same issue.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.