Applying to DLA Piper's Summer Internship after completing the first year insight scheme?

B1806

Distinguished Member
Dec 31, 2019
In April of 2020 I completed DLA Piper's spring insight scheme. A week or so ago, I received an email from DLA Piper telling me I should "review and complete my application" for the summer internship and that the vacancy will already be listed on my account. I checked and the application was in fact there with the same information I used to apply for the spring scheme. DLA also said that I "did not need to apply again". What I'm wondering is whether that means I just update my details on the application (i.e. contact details, first year grades, etc.) and then leave it alone OR do I need to click submit at the end of the application? Does anyone have any experience here? Considering that they said "you do not need to apply again" I'm a bit confused as to whether I should re-submit.
Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would always review and update an application - even if the old application was successful for the new vacancy, I'd want my interviewers/assessors to be aware of anything I have done since my old application and also want to consider whether the Spring Insight Programme helped me refine my motivations for commercial law and the firm.

Reactions: Alice G

Evelina

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
In April of 2020 I completed DLA Piper's spring insight scheme. A week or so ago, I received an email from DLA Piper telling me I should "review and complete my application" for the summer internship and that the vacancy will already be listed on my account. I checked and the application was in fact there with the same information I used to apply for the spring scheme. DLA also said that I "did not need to apply again". What I'm wondering is whether that means I just update my details on the application (i.e. contact details, first year grades, etc.) and then leave it alone OR do I need to click submit at the end of the application? Does anyone have any experience here? Considering that they said "you do not need to apply again" I'm a bit confused as to whether I should re-submit.
Thank you!
hey I know this is late, i got the same email. I spoke to grad rec and they said to just send the same application back. they basically wanted us to do the WG and then if we pass the WG they'll ask for an updated CV before the AC

B1806

Distinguished Member
Dec 31, 2019
hey I know this is late, i got the same email. I spoke to grad rec and they said to just send the same application back. they basically wanted us to do the WG and then if we pass the WG they'll ask for an updated CV before the AC
Yeah they told me the same, but they also said I can update the CV if I want to (which I ended up doing). By the way, did you hear back at all after doing the WG?
Thanks!

Evelina

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
No I haven't heard back yet! But i'm also their brand ambassador and they told me they're quite busy this term so they wont be giving out responses as rolling as past years. all their AC will be in January/February (they really want to be able to do it in person)

aspiring_solicitor

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Thank you!
I wanted to ask that I attended Virtual Insight Programme at DLA PIPER Hong Kong 2021. Is it same for Hong Kong too , will I get priority application?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wanted to ask that I attended Virtual Insight Programme at DLA PIPER Hong Kong 2021. Is it same for Hong Kong too , will I get priority application?
I’d check in with your contacts in Hong Kong or contact the London office to discuss. Sometimes these things don’t transfer across offices (sometimes they do though).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.