Are TC application rejections always communicated? Is no news good news or bad news??

legal_bagel

Standard Member
Jul 17, 2022
Hey All,

I've applied for a couple of 2024 TCs and for some I haven't yet heard back for a while. Should I be worried? Is no news good news? Do firms usually communicate rejections or no?

Thanks for your help guys!

kr253

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 20, 2021
Hey All,

I've applied for a couple of 2024 TCs and for some I haven't yet heard back for a while. Should I be worried? Is no news good news? Do firms usually communicate rejections or no?

Yes you should hear back whether you've been successful or not but it's not unusual for there to be quite a delay in hearing back!

Reactions: legal_bagel

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey All,

There was a small minority of applications I never heard the outcome of, to be honest. If it's been 8-10 weeks after the deadline for applications has passed, I would proceed on the basis of the assumption that it's probably a no from the firm.

Reactions: legal_bagel

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.