Ask Reed Smith Anything! Join Rebecca Schrod, Karen Manu and Charlotte Lear ⬇️

Cawareness101

Standard Member
Feb 5, 2024
Hi all,

Our Vacation Scheme applications shut next week on 8th January! Ahead of our deadline, here are the answers to a few FAQs:

Am I eligible to apply?
The following are eligible to apply to our Vacation Scheme:
- Penultimate year and Final year Law students
- Final Year non-Law students
- Graduates from any discipline, including career changers

What is the deadline for Vacation Scheme applications?
8th January at 5pm GMT. We are unfortunately not able to extend this deadline under any circumstances.

Who do I contact if I have an issue with your online application form?
Please visit this page for troubleshooting tips: https://candidats.io/faq or, if you can't find a solution to your issue there, please contact our support team at: [email protected]

Can I apply directly for a Training Contract?
No, we recruit solely through our Vacation Schemes. We find that this allows us to assess you and your abilities more effectively, but, equally, it gives candidates a much deeper insight into the firm, so helps your decision making process too. We are mindful that some candidates, such as career changers might not be able to take a long time off work, so limit our schemes to a 2 day virtual induction followed by 1 week in person.

Are international applicants eligible to apply?
Yes, we are able to sponsor visas for successful international candidates.

Answers to additional frequently asked questions can be found here: https://www.reedsmith.com/en/careers/general/uk-faqs

Please also feel free to ask the team any questions you have here :)
Hi Becca,

Thank you for taking time out to answer our questions.

I have a few questions in terms of the Assessment Centre. I was wondering how long decisions take to come out following the Assessment centre and also in terms of the case study element what types of things will the interviewer be looking for.

ReedSmithBecca

Star Member
Sep 12, 2023
Hi Becca,

Thank you for taking time out to answer our questions.

I have a few questions in terms of the Assessment Centre. I was wondering how long decisions take to come out following the Assessment centre and also in terms of the case study element what types of things will the interviewer be looking for.
Hi! No problem. So we don't communicate any outcomes until after all of our Assessments have been completed - we'll aim to do this by the 1st or 2nd week in March.

For the case study, our assessors are looking at how well you are able to understand and communicate the case study.

goatenthusiast12

Dec 7, 2022
Hi @ReedSmithBecca ! I am aware that Reed Smith does not have a minimum A-level requirement. However, I am afraid that I will be rejected simply due to my below average A-level grades despite possibly receiving a 2.1 or 1st for my degree. How stern is Reed Smith when it comes to good A-level grades?

Thanks in advance :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.