Ask TCLA's New Community Managers Anything!

prettyprincess24

Premium Member
  • Jul 3, 2021
    Hi,

I am preparing for video interview for a law firm. What are frequently asked questions in commercial law firms in your opinion? need help as so many questions 200+ so its quite scary to not know but the law firm I applied to has suggested like common frequently asked questions to ease but i still have anxiety and i have anxiety disorder so i need support if you can give some insight please. would be so grateful and appreciate it! i have 4 questions to prepare for, so what are common interviw questions?

thank you :( for understanding and i hope you can please help me out? <3

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi,

I am preparing for video interview for a law firm. What are frequently asked questions in commercial law firms in your opinion? need help as so many questions 200+ so its quite scary to not know but the law firm I applied to has suggested like common frequently asked questions to ease but i still have anxiety and i have anxiety disorder so i need support if you can give some insight please. would be so grateful and appreciate it! i have 4 questions to prepare for, so what are common interviw questions?

thank you :( for understanding and i hope you can please help me out? <3
    Which firm is it? This may help us give you some more tailored advice.

• 🤝
    Reactions: prettyprincess24

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hello @AvniD hope you are doing well. Could you please tell me if it's okay for me to hyperlink my YouTube channel if I'm referring to it in one of my work experiences or is it not required and just the name of my channel would do?

Thanks in advance.
    I agree with Jessica! Absolutely okay for you to hyperlink your channel and I'd even recommend using a URL shortening tool so that your link looks neat within the application form/CV.

• 🏆
    Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    @AvniD Hi, do you have any tips for the DLA Piper AC? Anything would be so hugely appreciated :)!
    Hi @ssolicitorz! Does the DLA vac scheme follow a pattern that's unusual from the group exercise + partner interview + associate interview model?

If not, then all my best tips are summed up in this post here and here. The first breaks down each component of a typical AC so you can see how they relate to each other and the second post breaks down how you can prep for an AC pointedly.

When is your AC? If you're low on time, I'd also suggest practising + preparing strong answers to 'why law', 'why DLA' and 'why you' and running through this case study article here to know how to approach them!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.