Assessment Centre

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023
Hi I have an AC coming up and I would like to ask if anyone knows where to practice a written exercise. The closest I have on mind is Forage virtual internships. It would be great if you could share what the exercise is about eg. finding errors, summarising, cross-referencing? I saw that some members have done a presentation, is it like a case study/advising clients?

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Hey,
    Don't know if you already had the AC but this might help!

al97

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 30, 2023
    Hey,
    Don't know if you already had the AC but this might help!
    Thank you, I haven't had the AC but I have read about the article already, thanks a lot!

Becks

Jul 26, 2023
    I used forage and watch any YouTube videos I can find to help prep. I've done 2 assessment centre and they both included a presentation. It's hard to practice this but I tried to tailor my presentation style to each firm. I also used my lpc which I actually found the most useful especially for the drafting and research tasks.

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    No worries. In my experience, written exercises tend to be marked by graduate rec. so important to speak plainly and clearly. They can only mark you on what you've written so make sure you put down detail and where possible think about what you can add that other candidates might not to show you are commercially aware. If you've completed it and answered (what's likely to be a comprehension exercise depending on the firm) then you have to ask, is this the bare minimum that is expected (despite the huge effort) and add something novel.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.