Bird & Bird

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
Sorry for creating a new thread, I was unsure as to where I should post this.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever applied to the Bird & Bird and how they found the application questions? I'm set to start writing my TC app but wanted to get an idea of what the firm looks for in respect to successful applications.

piedpiper

Feb 27, 2018

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever applied to the Bird & Bird and how they found the application questions? I'm set to start writing my TC app but wanted to get an idea of what the firm looks for in respect to successful applications.

Yep I applied last year. It's quite a hard application. I think they're looking for people that really understand the firm and also those that are a bit entrepreneurial. I got rejected though so clearly I missed something.

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
Ahh I see. The app is fairly tailored to the firm thus requiring genuine research yet only has 150 word limits. The deadline is 30 April
Yep I applied last year. It's quite a hard application. I think they're looking for people that really understand the firm and also those that are a bit entrepreneurial. I got rejected though so clearly I missed something.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018

Hey! I went to their open day earlier in the year and HR mentioned that they do not have an 'ideal' candidatejust someone who is well aware of their position in the market/opportunities and threats

To be honest, I feel like they are a very chilled out firm compared to most..

Reactions: FreddyS

Sofia

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Although old, this a very good webcast highlight the challenges traditional law firms will face in the future. The panel predicted a few things that are currently happening now.
ABS
Technology etc

https://l2b.thelawyer.com/webcast-the-future-of-law/

Some of the points about trainees were really interesting: that trainees could get better quality work as tech handles the commoditisation stuff. But that over time there may be less trainees.

The other points about the traits that students need were great too. One of them said the biggest success factor of a student is commercial awareness.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.