Business story?

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys,

One of the firm's app question is tell us about a business story that has captured your interest and why?

Should I talk about a news story that is relevant to the firm and how it interests me? or I can talk about other business stories?

does the former look better?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys,

One of the firm's app question is tell us about a business story that has captured your interest and why?

Should I talk about a news story that is relevant to the firm and how it interests me? or I can talk about other business stories?

does the former look better?

Hi P,

As long as the story genuinely interests you, I would 100% mention it.

As you mentioned, it would be ideal for you to pick a ‘business story’ that is relevant to the firm because it will answer the ‘why is this relevant to us as a firm’ part of the question. I hope the above helps. Let me know if you’re unsure with anything.

Reactions: Jaysen

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I think I was perhaps unclear in my question, it's my fault.

The question is

Which business story has interested you the most in the last 12 months and why"

Its for DLA.

I wanted to talk about IPOS in the Legal Profession ever since DWF wanted to float.

But I was wondering if talking about GDPR/Cyber security because DLA had their issues with that would be more relevant?

Last edited:

Coralin96

Valued Member
Early Bird
Feb 28, 2018

The question is

Its for DLA.

I wanted to talk about IPOS in the Legal Profession ever since DWF wanted to float.

But I was wondering if talking about GDPR/Cyber security because DLA had their issues with that would be more relevant?

I talked about cyber security for DLA (it's probably a popular one tbh). I'd go for IPOs if you like that topic.

Reactions: P. Dybala

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018

The question is

Its for DLA.

Good question. I think it’s best to write about both - why it interests you and why it’s relevant. Doesn’t matter what the story is about. If you try and manufacture interest then it may come back to bite you. So would suggest genuine interest you can back up. IPO would be good if you want to go into commercial/corporate and justify interest. GDPR/cyber is a complicated topic (in my opinion) and maybe harder to justify genuine interest in. I mean to me it doesn’t sound genuine if you’re saying I’m interested in cyber because you had a cyber attack.

• Haha
Reactions: Salma and P. Dybala

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.