bangy

Jul 23, 2020
Hi,

I’m looking to apply for the TC for Clifford Chance and have a few questions!

• Could we include virtual internships/insight schemes as part of the “work experience” section?
• Does scoring a 2:2 in one module (but scoring good 2:1s in the rest of the modules) hinder the application at all?
• What approach could we take in answering the TC application question as it’s very broad and could go in all sorts of directions?

Thanks for reading and I hope you can answer one question! Also, please don’t hesitate to add other questions on here that I may not have thought of but others may be able to answer! :)

JT2023hopeful

Oct 12, 2020
  1. Yes.
  2. No.
  3. Focus on showing important soft skills / competencies that may not be easily reflected in the work experience section.

I am a bit confused as the LinkedIn/CV policy on InsideSherpa (now Forage) clearly states that you can not put the global virtual internship on CVs as work experience and it must be put in the extracurricular and academic achievements section, and so I would assume that the same rule would apply with the application?

howardbagshaw

Dec 24, 2020
Great video here from CC

Hi, I've been sent an email by Clifford Chance saying, "We are emailing to let you know that your application has been put on the reserve list to interview, however this does not guarantee a place at an assessment day."

How common is this and what are my chances of getting an AC?

If anyone has any insights they'd be greatly appreciated :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.