Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

Thank you to those of you who attended my commercial awareness classes this weekend. I enjoyed meeting many of you.

On Sunday, 30 September and Monday, 1 October. I will be running commercial awareness classes for our second topic.

The topic will be the US and China trade war. I've chosen this because it's one of the most common commercial interview questions I've seen this year.

The purpose of the class will be to teach you everything you need to know about the ongoing trade war for an interview discussion.

The class will be split in half. The first half will cover the technical information:
    • What are the most important events in the trade war so far?
    • Why does the US have a problem with China's trade policies?
    • What is the impact on businesses and law firms?
    • Who is winning?
    The second half will cover how to answer this question in an interview. This will take the form of an interview simulation where you will be asked questions about the trade war. This will include:
    • How do you argue and defend your point of view in an interview?
    • How do you respond to challenging questions?
    • At what point should you concede?
    The case study will be released on Tuesday, 25 September. As with the private equity case study, you will be required to prepare and submit answers before the class.

To purchase a class voucher, please book here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/pember/membership-new. You can either purchase an individual class or a pack of four, payable in installments.

You will be allocated a time slot over the course of the week. Any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

Today is the last day you can sign up to our second round of commercial awareness classes, which will be held on Sunday, 30 September and Monday, 1 October.

The topic will be the US and China trade war. I've chosen this because it's one of the most common commercial interview questions I've seen this year.

The purpose of the class will be to teach you everything you need to know about the ongoing trade war for an interview discussion. You will also practice arguing and defending your point of view in an interview format.

Book your place here: : https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/pember/membership-new

You can see a snapshot of the preparatory material below:

upload_2018-9-28_9-54-31.png

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.