DAC Beachcroft video interview

karinny

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Is it just me or are DAC Beachcroft taking a much longer period of time than other firms seem to be reviewing VIs? I wonder if there's lots!
    That's what I thought too, in their first email when informing us that we got through to VIs they said they'd let us know how we did in 'early May' but the most recent email after the VI submission date it said 'late May' instead, so not sure why there's a discrepancy there!

Reactions: Anon 11031
    A

Anon 11031

That's what I thought too, in their first email when informing us that we got through to VIs they said they'd let us know how we did in 'early May' but the most recent email after the VI submission date it said 'late May' instead, so not sure why there's a discrepancy there!
    I know, it's a little odd. Also, I think firms like WBD had loads of VIs and they've let people know within a fortnight or something. Just seems like an extremely long time to be waiting!

Reactions: karinny

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    I know, it's a little odd. Also, I think firms like WBD had loads of VIs and they've let people know within a fortnight or something. Just seems like an extremely long time to be waiting!
    Yeah, I did a VI for another firm with the same submission date as the DACB one and they got back to me under 3 weeks. I have been quite anxious and have been checking my application status on the DACB recruitment website because I think in previous years they updated that prior to letting people know via email. Although, the status still says 'in process'.

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Fingers crossed we all hear back this week!

I have to say their email promised an "update" by the end of the month, it may simply be a further update on timescale … :/
    Yeah, someone on TSR said that last year they didn't hear back until after the bank holiday, which is next week hahah my anxiety cannot handle this anymore T^T

• 🤝
    Reactions: MLF
    A

Anon 11031

Do you reckon it's reasonable to ask them to clarify whether the update will be the outcome of our application?

Tbh, I'm just trying to come up with random questions to ask them 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: MLF

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Do you reckon it's reasonable to ask them to clarify whether the update will be the outcome of our application?

Tbh, I'm just trying to come up with random questions to ask them 😂
    I think so!

Although, I did email them before the VI deadline regarding an issue I had with my VI and they never replied back! So I don't have high hopes they would respond despite them saying 'if you have any additional questions or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch' 😅

• Haha
    Reactions: Anon 11031

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.