DAC Beachcroft video interview

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
This has been omitted from the invite. Could mean that there isn’t even a time limit, they are already giving us 3 attempts per question.
I am sure last year it was 90 seconds per question and there were four or five asked.

I think maybe the question showed for approx 30 seconds on the screen and then you had 90 seconds to answer. There also wasn't a running clock between each question, so you could start the next question when you pressed the button.

You had 3 x attempts per question (3 in total, not 4) and then your recent attempt would be the one submitted (i.e. if you decided to press submit on attempt 1, that's fine, if you wanted another 2 attempts, attempt 3 would be the one submitted).

A

Anon 11031

I am sure last year it was 90 seconds per question and there were four or five asked.

I think maybe the question showed for approx 30 seconds on the screen and then you had 90 seconds to answer. There also wasn't a running clock between each question, so you could start the next question when you pressed the button.

You had 3 x attempts per question (3 in total, not 4) and then your recent attempt would be the one submitted (i.e. if you decided to press submit on attempt 1, that's fine, if you wanted another 2 attempts, attempt 3 would be the one submitted).
Hey! Thanks so much for all this info.

Just for clarification, once you've received the question do you have as long as you want in between your 3 attempts to press record again? I hope I've phrased what I'm asking in an understandable way haha!

Have so much on at the moment that I'm genuinely dreading this interview!

Thanks again x

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hey! Thanks so much for all this info.

Just for clarification, once you've received the question do you have as long as you want in between your 3 attempts to press record again? I hope I've phrased what I'm asking in an understandable way haha!

Have so much on at the moment that I'm genuinely dreading this interview!

Thanks again x
Hi,

yeah I think so. I’m sure this was the case last year!

A

Anon 11031

Nah I think they would have mentioned it. Plus, I’m guessing quite a lot of people have left it to this week to be honest!
With Easter bank holiday coming up, I would imagine so! When are you planning on sitting down and doing it? I've compiled a list of things I want to talk about but haven't actually practised yet.

Also, do you think it's going to be the same "what challenges do our clients face?" kind of questioning?

Nnu

Star Member
  • Mar 9, 2021
    Hey, well done! How did it go? I have to be "that" person but were the questions the ones mentioned in this thread or were you surprised by anything they asked?

Many thanks,

Marie
    ive also done mine, they weren't exactly the same but p similar. nothing too scary or unusual. also 3 attempts so super helpful!

Reactions: MLF

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
    Is there unlimited time between each attempt?
    Yeah there is! A question will already be on the screen, so you have all the time you need to form your video response for your answer. Then whenever you're ready, you have 3 attempts to record. You can move onto the next question and it will already be on the screen. There is no timer for long you prepare for each answer! Hope this helps :)

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Hey guys,

I did the video interview today and I just wanted to let you guys know not to panic! The process was really easy, there's plenty of time to prepare your answer. Even after you finished recording all your answers you can go back and record answers again if you still have attempts left. The questions aren't trying to catch you out either, they're quite simple and basic, nothing out of the ordinary. I had a few technical difficulties with the system when uploading but I emailed the grad recruitment asap but I think it was all fine in the end. So, I would suggest completing the interview sooner rather than later just in case something goes wrong and you need to let them know about it.

Best of luck everyone!!! Hope to see some of you at the AC possibly! Fingers crossed 🥰

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.