Difference between Business Consultant and Commercial Solicitor

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Bit of a vague question here, but one I’m asking to develop my understanding! As the title sums up; what are the main differences between the work a business consultant does and commercial solicitor?

If I were to explain it, I’d say that a consultant creates a solution for a business to grow/achieve their specific goal but it is the lawyers that make it a reality. That’s a very basic summary though and one I want to understand a bit more.

Be interested to hear your thoughts!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Bit of a vague question here, but one I’m asking to develop my understanding! As the title sums up; what are the main differences between the work a business consultant does and commercial solicitor?

If I were to explain it, I’d say that a consultant creates a solution for a business to grow/achieve their specific goal but it is the lawyers that make it a reality. That’s a very basic summary though and one I want to understand a bit more.

Be interested to hear your thoughts!

The lawyer is just dealing with the law to make it a reality - there will be an awful lot needed for it to happen that a lawyer wouldn’t be involved in at all.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.