First Year Open Days/Insight Schemes 2021/2022

RK444

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 4, 2021
Hi,
I wonder if someone could help. I’ve done a cover letter for a firm which needs to be copied/pasted onto the application form and not attached as a pdf.
In this instance, do we include dates/addresses so it looks like a letter?

The instructions say “address it to graduate recruitment” which I assume just means “Dear Grad R”…
There is a word limit so just wanted to clarify…

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021
    Has anyone heard back from Freshfields for their Spring Scheme? I applied on the 17th Feb but I haven't heard anything at all. I didn't even receive an acknowledgment email from the firm, saying "thank you for applying/we have received your application..." Is this usually how Freshfields is? I'm slightly concerned.

Reactions: aspiring_solicitor

Aspiringsolicitordm12

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 9, 2022
    Hi, I just received a wg test invite from Hogan Lovells. Do they send it to everyone? Also, does anyone know if we will be able to see our results afterwards?
    I'm on their BaSE Silver Scheme which gives me a place on their first year insight scheme. I didn't receive the results of my Watson Glaser or even confirmation I'd passed until I received my offer. I also only received an invite 11-12 days after my application was submitted so I don't think they're sent to everyone.

I don't know if this will be the same for you, but I hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bubbles

tealzeal

Star Member
    Nov 22, 2021
    Hi, I just received a wg test invite from Hogan Lovells. Do they send it to everyone? Also, does anyone know if we will be able to see our results afterwards?
    hey, i was accepted to their silver programme and they sent the wg invite after 11 days, if that helps! and you can find out your percentile score if you email them! i did and was told that their wg pass score was the 18th percentile

Reactions: Bubbles

RK444

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 4, 2021
    hey, i was accepted to their silver programme and they sent the wg invite after 11 days, if that helps! and you can find out your percentile score if you email them! i did and was told that their wg pass score was the 18th percentile
    Thanks. Sorry if it’s a stupid question but does “18th percentile” mean you have to do better than 82% of applicants? As in top 18th percentile?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.