GDL help - P/T ULaw

Aug 6, 2021
Remote learning and life have really scuppered my efforts to smash it on the gdl and I just can't understand how to do well. Between mocks and exams, I've got anything from 40s to 80+% but no idea what has worked (and what doesn't).

If anyone out there feels confident about knowing what we're expected to do, please get in touch.

Have you reached out to your personal tutor about this? Without seeing your exam papers it's hard to determine 'what works', especially if you're getting that range of scores. Are you doing well on the mocks and not well on the exams? Or vice versa?
Yes but they're all busy or don't reply at all. We don't get a breakdown for our exams so no one in my cohort really understands what to do either. The mocks do have feedback but it depends on the person marking as to how clear they are. I tend to be high 60s but I also got a 48 using same process. I was working to the exemplar models but realised they only land you a pass.

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Yes but they're all busy or don't reply at all. We don't get a breakdown for our exams so no one in my cohort really understands what to do either. The mocks do have feedback but it depends on the person marking as to how clear they are. I tend to be high 60s but I also got a 48 using same process. I was working to the exemplar models but realised they only land you a pass.
    I'd recommend reaching out to your class representative and the assessments coordinator if this is common among your whole cohort. Other than that really make sure you review the workshops on Panopto and try to provide detail where possible. One thing I did on my exams which I think helped bump up my grades was on the essay questions really try to put the question in a modern context and thereby demonstrate that you understood the relevance of the legal topic.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.